Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker

Old 12-20-2005, 01:08 PM

Default Help! My Dad is a LAG!

Hi guys I don't really know how to tell my Dad, but I've seen his play in home games and online and he is definatley a LAG. He raises any 2 cards and he doesnt care what position hes in. He just keeps on blasting at the pot. How should I go about telling him he needs to tighten up his play?

I was thinking maybe one day when he comes home from work, I would get his home game buddies, myself and our family to confront him about it. I could print out some hand histories of his play and read them outloud in front of everyone at the intervention. I dont want to hurt his feelings, how is the best way to approach this?
Old 12-20-2005, 02:20 PM

Default Re: Help! My Dad is a LAG!

[ QUOTE ]

I was thinking maybe one day when he comes home from work, I would get his home game buddies, myself and our family to confront him about it. I could print out some hand histories of his play and read them outloud in front of everyone at the intervention. I dont want to hurt his feelings, how is the best way to approach this?

[/ QUOTE ]

A poker intervention? Gotta love it.

Maybe he's not playing to make money? You should ask him WHY he plays the way that he does, what his strategy is. Then maybe lead him to a more narrow path.

Don't kill off too much of his aggressiveness however- it's a good thing to have.
Old 12-20-2005, 02:36 PM

See if you can edit the HUD on his online poker client, change the graphic on the raise button to say "fold" instead of "raise", in confusion he should tighten up or atleast play less aggressively.
Old 12-20-2005, 03:32 PM

You sit in the game and take all his money.
Old 12-20-2005, 03:41 PM

If he is blasting away your inheritance, you need to have a talk...or at least play more heads up with him so others do not get what will be eventually yours anyways.
Old 12-20-2005, 06:08 PM

LAG can be profitable if played correctly.

Buy him HOH1+2 for Christmas, it is a tourney book but a lot of it applies to cash games.
Old 12-20-2005, 07:10 PM

This thread is useless without pics

-ZEN
Old 12-20-2005, 09:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hi guys I don't really know how to tell my Dad, but I've seen his play in home games and online and he is definatley a LAG. He raises any 2 cards and he doesnt care what position hes in. He just keeps on blasting at the pot. How should I go about telling him he needs to tighten up his play?

[/ QUOTE ]

Best solution is to sit to his left, and make a lot of isolation reraises.