Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-2005, 05:19 PM

Default Re: Bay Area Card Rooms

The 6/12 is really beatable, and probably worth more than the 6/12 in Vegas. I know, becasue this is how I got my start. The new rake is bad, but as long as it doesn't dry up the action, you'll be OK. I don't suspect this is happening. The players are horrible in both places, but you get more hands out per hour in San Jo (much better dealers), and I think the players a little worse at the Bay because they don't notice you playing tight and will give you lots of action.

And for the record, I told you that you should play the 8/16 at least - I think it's hard to ever lose in those games. Same goes for 20/40, but you need more money. I can't imagine losing 2K in the 8/16 at Bay 101.
Old 11-04-2005, 03:11 AM

The 8/16 half-kill game at Garden City was phenomenal back when I played it. Much better than the 9/18 they had at Bay 101 at the time, and probably better than the current 8/16 at Bay.
Old 11-03-2005, 03:34 PM

The big NL at Lucky Chances goes M/W/F. It's $5K min on Monday and $1K min on Wed and Fri. The smaller capped NL games are a 3-5 blinds game with an additional $2 blind on the button. Min 200, max 500 buyin. They also have a 1-2 blinds game with a min 40 buyin, max 100. Time charge is a steep $6/half hour in that game, but the players are truly awful.
Old 11-04-2005, 03:18 AM

Artichoke Joe's rules.