Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-06-2005, 07:25 PM

Default Re: My TruePoker WSOP 120K Hands Challenge - Update # 6

Last I heard it was supposed to be back from the printers today and then going out. If any stores outside of Las Vegas have it I would be surprised.

From the Pre-orders thread:

[ QUOTE ]
Update [Re: Mason Malmuth]
#2437234 - 05/19/05 10:55 PM

Hi Everyone:

HOH: VOLUME II has now gone to the printer. We expect to have books in hand on June 6.

Best wishes,
Mason

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 06-06-2005, 09:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Good luck with your final 20k+ hands.
Have we confirmed that you also get to use all the true-points you are earning for a trip to the Bahamas or back to Vegas?? Or do you have to spend all the true-points for the WSOP trip??

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Bob,

Thanks for all the words of encouragement, advice and support. I really appreciate all of it. The True points were never discussed but from True Poker CEO's post about them, he indicated what the value of them in cash would mean to me, so I don't see any reasons that they coudln't be used for any of the awards.

Normally, I wouldn't be responding to replys this time of night, but I keep getting kicked off TruePoker's site tonite due to connection issues. That's going to cut into the hand count. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 06-06-2005, 09:51 PM

Location: Castle Duckula -- home for many centuries to a dreadful dynasty of vicious vampire ducks: The Counts of Duckula!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Jane, get me off this crazy thing! (Obscure Family Guy reference)

[/ QUOTE ]

improved your post

[/ QUOTE ]

? I'm not familiar with FG, but that certainly was a Jetsons reference. Did FG swipe it?

-Mike
Old 06-06-2005, 10:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

improved your post

[/ QUOTE ]

? I'm not familiar with FG, but that certainly was a Jetsons reference. Did FG swipe it?

-Mike

[/ QUOTE ]

No, it was a full-blown Jetsons bit within the show. So it was clearly referencing the Jetsons, not stealing it.
Old 06-06-2005, 10:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I wouldn't be responding to replys this time of night, but I keep getting kicked off TruePoker's site tonite due to connection issues.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm actually, semi-glad to hear that, I had so many disconnects last time I played I just stopped playing TP for a bit. Hope it doesn't get you too far behind.
Old 06-07-2005, 12:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

improved your post

[/ QUOTE ]

-Mike

[/ QUOTE ]

No, it was a full-blown Jetsons bit within the show. So it was clearly referencing the Jetsons, not stealing it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wasn't aware of the Family Guy using the line in he show. I do remember Mike Myers using it in "I married an axe murderer."

My two favorite lines in that movie was spoken by Mike Myer's Scottish father in the movie. (played by Mike Myers as well)

They were: "Head!" (naturally a favorite for obvious reasons)

and of course: "Piper down! I repeat, we have a piper down!"
Old 06-07-2005, 12:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I wouldn't be responding to replys this time of night, but I keep getting kicked off TruePoker's site tonite due to connection issues.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm actually, semi-glad to hear that, I had so many disconnects last time I played I just stopped playing TP for a bit. Hope it doesn't get you too far behind.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, I can't blame TruePoker, as I live in a rural area and the only high speed connection to the internet is satelite, which is well known for connection problems.
Old 06-07-2005, 12:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

improved your post

[/ QUOTE ]

-Mike

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I wasn't aware of the Family Guy using the line in he show. I do remember Mike Myers using it in "I married an axe murderer."

My two favorite lines in that movie was spoken by Mike Myer's Scottish father in the movie. (played by Mike Myers as well)

They were: "Head!" (naturally a favorite for obvious reasons)

and of course: "Piper down! I repeat, we have a piper down!"

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't forget his tirade about he Colonel. "Ay the Colonel, with his wee beedy eyes! He puts an addictive chemical in his chicken that makes you crave it night and day you smartass!" Sorry if I butchered it, its been too long since I've seen that movie.
Old 06-07-2005, 12:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
FWIW, you seem not to be getting paid off much (except maybe by me [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] ) because of how straight-forward you are forced to play.

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh?

I don't get it. Straight Foward is where the money is.

Sarge[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right, of course. Maybe poor choice of words. But when even calling stations are folding to your bets and raises, maybe you've gone a bit too far....

It just seemed to me O'Doyle was avoiding situations where he wasn't a big favorite. In the hand I mentioned in a previous post, IIRC, he had QQ in EP while I had AA in LP. He flopped a FH and check-raised the turn. I think I should have 3-bet here, but did not because I suspected a monster. I think he's putting the fear of God into his opponents-- not always a good thing in poker, but probably unavoidable considering what he's doing.

Of course my critique may not be accurate-- I don't claim any great poker skill or insight. These are just my observations, for whatever they are worth....

O'Doyle: sorry if any of this seems unwarranted, and again, best of luck to you.
Old 06-07-2005, 06:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

improved your post

[/ QUOTE ]

-Mike

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that's why I didn't say "fixed". I forget the episode, but Family Guy cuts to a random scene from the Jetson's where George gets stuck to a treadmill. He comes back in the house all beat up and yells at Judy Jetson, saying he could have been killed. I think the part where he comes back in the house was made up by Family Guy, I can't imagine it being on the Jetsons! It wasn't very family friendly.

Odoyle, Harrington on Holdem 1 & 2 plus some warmup tourneys should do the trick.