Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-07-2005, 11:00 PM

Default Re: I almost got run off the road today...

This is exactly why you need a "BITCH BE COOL STICK"
Old 09-07-2005, 11:01 PM

This seems like a random road grievance thread so I'll add mine.

When I am doing 67 in the right lane on the New York State Thruway(I-90), I really [censored] hate it when assholes doing 80(they're not assholes for doing 80, [censored] I do 80 sometimes) get behind me and honk their horns trying to get me to speed up.

Hey, [censored], there's a left lane for you to pass me. Stop tailgating me because if you do it and I'm in a bad mood I just MIGHT slam on the brakes. My car can take it, I'll survive the accident, but your Honda Civic might not. And even if you survive you'll be at fault since you rear-ended me. Think about it next time. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Just to make it clear, the speed limit on the NYS thruway is 65, so by doing 67 in the right lane(the SLOWER lane), I am doing fine.
Old 09-07-2005, 11:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is exactly why you need a "BITCH BE COOL STICK"

[/ QUOTE ]

I have one. It looks identical to this:

[img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 09-07-2005, 11:04 PM

in japan a quick horn honk means "thanks"
Old 09-07-2005, 11:11 PM

I'll also ask this question.

I have been flicked off by many people before on the road. On a couple of occasions, I have pulled an unloaded gun out and pointed it in their direction. Both times the person was so shocked that they just got the hell away from my car as fast as they could. Does doing this make me a bad person?
Old 09-07-2005, 11:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Does doing this make me a bad person?

[/ QUOTE ]
It makes you an idiot likely to get shot while holding an unloaded gun.
Old 09-07-2005, 11:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'll also ask this question.

I have been flicked off by many people before on the road. On a couple of occasions, I have pulled an unloaded gun out and pointed it in their direction. Both times the person was so shocked that they just got the hell away from my car as fast as they could. Does doing this make me a bad person?

[/ QUOTE ]

Other than ending up in prison...nah. All good. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Just if you pull a gun on me, even if it's unloaded, you'll quickly see the business end of a *loaded* gun.
Old 09-07-2005, 11:14 PM

My post was a joke and I have never done anything like that.

I just posted it because I think that some nuts who have posted earlier in this thread would seriously consider doing it. I thought that the "does this make me a bad person" line would give it away. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I do own a gun but I don't carry it with me because I don't have a concealed license- it stays at home.

I really would do the brake hard in front of the tailgater thing though if someone got me pissed off enough.
Old 09-07-2005, 11:27 PM

Was the douchebag in the Explorer blameless? As you can probably guess by my choice of words, no.

But you weren't either. Assuming the road ahead of the intersection is clear, as it was, there is no problem with you taking the right lane at the intersection. However, it is your lane that is ending, not his. As soon as it became clear that he did not plan to cede his right-of-way to you, you should have backed down and let him pass, instead of flooring it.

Just because he was wrong doesn't mean you were right. You got into a pointless cock-waving contest with this guy that put both of your lives and vehicles, as well as those of the other drivers on the road, at risk.

If you don't foresee the possibility that the front car isn't going to want to let you pass or don't have a contingency plan for that scenario, then you should get in the left lane with everyone else.
Old 09-07-2005, 11:34 PM

I'm going to hijack because anyone still blaming the OP is an idiot.

[ QUOTE ]
Here in Seattle, traffic is horrible. Just this morning it took me 2 hours to drive 11 miles. I can run faster than that. Just a little taste of how bad traffic is here, and will only continue to get worse. Most people work 8 hours a day. My day ends up being 11 hours with an hour to an hour and a half drive to and from work, again, only 11 miles each way.

[/ QUOTE ]
So why don't you run? Or bike? I'm honestly curious. If I lived within 8 miles of work, I'd almost certainly be jogging there, and if I lived within 20, I'd almost certainly be biking.

I can understand if you don't have any sort of shower facilities around your work, but I was under the impression that many places do these days. I work out in a rural area, and even my office has a shower.