Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2005, 08:56 PM

Default (22) Is your average player smart enough to make this move?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t300 (3 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Hero (t4050)
Button (t3360)
SB (t590)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Button raises to t600</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t1600</font>

Do you think the average party 22'er is good enough to realize they do not want a confrontation with me because of the SB's stack size? Or do they not care because they are in the money?
Old 11-09-2005, 09:00 PM

Default Re: (22) Is your average player smart enough to make this move?

If you push you make it really clear to all but the worst players.
Old 11-09-2005, 09:00 PM

i would hope so, depending on his hand of course, what level are you at??
Old 11-09-2005, 09:03 PM

Isn't the difference between 1st and 2nd bigger than the difference between 2nd and 3rd?

If he's good enough to know that he doesn't want a confrontation with you, he's good enough to know that you may make a big reraise with lots of crap hands, which means this is exactly how he should play with very good heads. Right?
Old 11-09-2005, 09:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t300 (3 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Hero (t4050)
Button (t3360)
SB (t590)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Button raises to t600</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t1600</font>

Do you think the average party 22'er is good enough to realize they do not want a confrontation with me because of the SB's stack size? Or do they not care because they are in the money?

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh? Of course they want a confrontation. To simplify a little, +2 buyins if they win, -1 if they lose.
Old 11-09-2005, 09:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Isn't the difference between 1st and 2nd bigger than the difference between 2nd and 3rd?

If he's good enough to know that he doesn't want a confrontation with you, he's good enough to know that you may make a big reraise with lots of crap hands, which means this is exactly how he should play with very good heads. Right?

[/ QUOTE ]

This would be a good way to play QQ+, but a lot of players are simply trying to get a cheap steal, and make sure SB does not push. Also this player was not very good. He was just about average for a 22.
Old 11-09-2005, 09:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Hero (t4050)
Button (t3360)
SB (t590)

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh? Of course they want a confrontation. To simplify a little, +2 buyins if they win, -1 if they lose.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure how to define "wanting a confrontation", but button should not want a confrontation here.
Old 11-09-2005, 09:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Hero (t4050)
Button (t3360)
SB (t590)

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure how to define "wanting a confrontation", but button should not want a confrontation here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I thought about this more, and you're right, since shorty's pretty short.

But given the payouts, it's nowhere near as clear as when you are on the bubble. It doesn't take much of a perceived edge for button to push.

Had some math to back this up, but the stupid forum timed out, and I don't feel like re-creating it.