Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-27-2005, 01:10 PM

Default Overdrafted Checking Account

Over Thanksgiving weekend I had the pleasure of having my car towed for an unexpected $150 charge. Because I'm really smart and have all my money online, I overdrew from my bank account and my current balance is $-2.24.

So the question is this.

Should I go out today and charge more stuff to my credit card and go even further into the red? Is this a good idea? I really want some sushi, and as things stand I have zero money, zero gas, and zero food. So my card is my only hope for survival. Or perhaps I will go hungry today. Weird. I hope you find my predicament as hilarious as I do.

fwiw, two cashouts should hit Monday morning, so it's not like I'll be in the red for more than even a day.
Old 11-27-2005, 01:12 PM

Default Re: Overdrafted Checking Account

you're gonna get hit with an overdraft fee unless you have overdraft protection (look into that).

so you might as well continue charging stuff, the fee will be assessed if your -.01 or -1000.00
Old 11-27-2005, 01:12 PM

Yeah, just keep overdrawing; just keep in mind they will charge you $35 for each instance.
Old 11-27-2005, 01:13 PM

No, dont, every purchase you make will come with a 20-30$ fee, so even if you spend 10$ on lunch it will end up costing you about 40$. 'spensive food. Go to a grocery store, buy some gum and get 100$ cash back with a check.
Old 11-27-2005, 01:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you're gonna get hit with an overdraft fee unless you have overdraft protection (look into that).

so you might as well continue charging stuff, the fee will be assessed if your -.01 or -1000.00

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I agree with this.

Just make sure you can pay for it all later.

blake
Old 11-27-2005, 01:19 PM

Also, netteller debit card is the [censored] for situations like this. You just have to wait 2-3 hours till you can get your money.
Old 11-27-2005, 01:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No, dont, every purchase you make will come with a 20-30$ fee, so even if you spend 10$ on lunch it will end up costing you about 40$. 'spensive food. Go to a grocery store, buy some gum and get 100$ cash back with a check.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't get this...who is your financial institution? Bank of Cuba?
Old 11-27-2005, 01:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe all the major banks around here (bank of america, usbank etc), charge a per transaction fee. If you over draft your account, once you are in the red, every transaction is assessed a fee, not just 1 fee for being negative.

edit- Im positive USbank charges a fee per trans, because I just switched over to them, and kept a small balance (100$) while my Bank of America account got all my checks cleared etc, and I accidently wrote about 10 checks to my USbank account, becaue I grabbed the wrong book. Ive never over drafted my BoA account
Old 11-27-2005, 01:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe all the major banks around here (bank of america, usbank etc), charge a per transaction fee. If you over draft your account, once you are in the red, every transaction is assessed a fee, not just 1 fee for being negative.

[/ QUOTE ]

bank of america charges you each time as does wachovia. you're [censored] dude. you should just borrow $. never let your account get below $500 just in case of [censored] like this. also, get a credit card in case [censored] like this does happen and you have no $ on hand.
Old 11-27-2005, 01:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bank of Cuba?

[/ QUOTE ]

What does that even mean?

-2kF