Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-17-2005, 08:43 PM

Default Opened new Empire acct TODAY with existing PokerNOW acct (the verdict)

Since the new changes in T&C at party skins, many have been hesitant to open new accounts in fear of losing their money after deposit. Those who made their accounts way back have said that they encounter no problems, but what about the new bonus whores?

I created a PokerNOW account back in May for their NEWDEAL bonus, but have been very skeptical of trying to open any other party skin accounts under the same name/address/phone #. I took the risk today -- I opened up a new Empire account through an affiliate on a different computer than the PokerNOW one. I deposited $500, and Empire called me about 2 minutes later, and I was scared shitless. They called just to verify all my info, but DIDN'T CLOSE MY ACCOUNT.

So, the verdict -- party will not freeze your new accounts, and they do in fact still allow multiple accounts across the skins.
Old 06-17-2005, 08:53 PM

Default Re: Opened new Empire acct TODAY with existing PokerNOW acct (the verdict)

I opened Eurobet and Empire accounts (with an existing Party account) about a week after all that discussion on the new T&Cs - so about two weeks ago. No phone calls, no e-mails, nothing. Everything went fine. I don't think there's anything to worry about yet.
Old 06-17-2005, 08:55 PM

Default Re: Opened new Empire acct TODAY with existing PokerNOW acct (the verdict)

I'm going to be doing the same thing sometime this weekend...just collecting offers for That Which Cannot Be Named today. It seems like there are mixed results with the phone calls; some people get them and some don't. I know that I didn't with PokerNOW.
Old 06-17-2005, 08:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
They called just to verify all my info, but DIDN'T CLOSE MY ACCOUNT.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is something they have been doing all along.
Open a new account...if they detect something they want to check out they temporarily freeze the account and ask you to call them (the fact that they called you instead of just CLAIMING to have TRIED to call you is an improvement though).

I've been called a couple of times after opening skins.....and this was about a year ago.

So it's nothing unusual. I do agree though that one should be a little more cautious these days....but there's hardly anything to be paranoid about (unless you're like that one guy from the other thread who had 10 accounts ALL at party using the SAME name).
Old 06-22-2005, 04:30 PM

Can someone give me a link on what you have to do to cancel an account and open a new one up with rakeback. I already have an Empire account with no rakeback. Do I have to wait 6 months? I did a search and could not find anything but I know I saw a post about it. I already have a rakeback deal with another poker site but would really want one with Empire. Thanks.
Old 06-22-2005, 05:04 PM

Default Re: Opened new Empire acct TODAY with existing PokerNOW acct (the verd

[ QUOTE ]
Can someone give me a link on what you have to do to cancel an account and open a new one up with rakeback. I already have an Empire account with no rakeback. Do I have to wait 6 months? I did a search and could not find anything but I know I saw a post about it. I already have a rakeback deal with another poker site but would really want one with Empire. Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol....good luck. Your best bet is to have Empire close your account due to irregular bonus activity, open another one, and have the original account closed when the freeze your new account for having two accounts. Now that was a tounge twister.
Old 06-22-2005, 06:58 PM

Aren't you a real gangsta..
Old 06-22-2005, 07:50 PM

Default Re: Opened new Empire acct TODAY with existing PokerNOW acct (the verd

About a year ago I opened up a second party account accidentally (I forgot I already signed up for one and didn't fund it) They froze the acct and had me call them. Asked to chose which account to keep and close the other.

Now, I'm happy with my current setup and have no wish to screw with it and risk getting banned from the network completely, but if someone's so very much desires rakeback, maybe that is a tack to follow.

BTW -- the fact that I never funded my first PP account made the story actually plausable. YMMV.

--Polly