Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-15-2004, 11:31 AM

Default Re: Official 2+2 Atlantic City Trip Report Thread

[ QUOTE ]
"DrSavage, please come to the front desk".

This was good stuff. I overheard this and thought that it was strange, funny it was a page for you. Was it scrub that paged you?

[/ QUOTE ]

It was poor morgant who gave up trying to call me on my not-working-in-borgata cellphone.
Old 06-15-2004, 12:09 PM

Barry, on a BB basis I think I had the chip lead. I won 71 BB in the 10/20 and 8 BB in the 20/40. That might even beat Zack if you don't include craps [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I'd like to say it was some brilliant poker, but I just had a lot of good hands that held up.

I lost $200 in the no limit game (most of it to Scrub and Zack). I have no clue what I'm doing at NL.

This being my first time playing 20/40, I was shocked at how soft the game was. Other than you there was not a player in the game who worried me.
Old 06-15-2004, 12:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This being my first time playing 20/40, I was shocked at how soft the game was. Other than you there was not a player in the game who worried me.

[/ QUOTE ]

That goes for me too. You played well and took a few bets from me when you open raised from the button with AJ and I 3-bet with AT.
Old 06-15-2004, 12:55 PM

I had a great time also. Dinner was a lot of fun and I'm looking forward to seeing how the pictures turned out.

It was cool to meet all of you and Barry, good to see you again.
Old 06-15-2004, 01:20 PM

I had a great time meeting everybody, from the small guns to the "big guns" as Bottles calls them.

For me, it was the first time meeting most of you and I found it really interesting to put a face to some of the names and online personalities of this forum that I read so religiously.

Everybody was cool and friendly. I wish I had a chance to play with more of you but at least I got to run my AA into MaxPower's AK [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img].

If there's ever a gathering like this again, I hope to be able to make it.

Luke
Old 06-15-2004, 01:56 PM

Hi all,

Much like the others have already said this was a great time had by me and most others I think. Dinner was great and the picture was a very cool finishing touch. A couple of highlights for me was meeting JTG, hearing mosch tell someone who had called his cell phone that he was busy and "in the middle of a SNG right now". Of course he was playing HU on the floor aganist Zack on the 29th floor of the Borgata and finally Homer flopping the nuts in an Omaha hand, laying it down for the table to see and then having JT raise his flop bet. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

It was great to meet you all. I look forward to the next time and finally GL in Cali JTG.
Old 06-15-2004, 02:06 PM

Homer flopping the nuts in an Omaha hand, laying it down for the table to see and then having JT raise his flop bet.

For the record, I then coldcalled JT's raise, with a better hand [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 06-15-2004, 02:57 PM

For the record, I then coldcalled JT's raise, with a better hand

I really wish you 3-bet. That would have been the funniest hand of all. Once DrSavage called Homer's bet I'd figured I'd get some money in and knock out a higher set if need be.

Didn't work. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

However, Homer missing all those bets on the turn made up for it.

Peace,
Joe Tall
Old 06-15-2004, 07:15 PM

What a weekend. I was a shell of a man on sunday, and worse on monday. The ridiculousness of my hangover didn't hit until about 7:30 on monday when we were eating dinner with Scrub and his princeton crew and on my second trip to the buffet, i felt like i was gonna faint.

maxpower did beat me in the BB game. the 50 he won the first night in about 4 hours certainly would do that. Its hard for me to figure out my total as it all gets fuzzy. that's the fun of it.

My highlights:
1) Chip stacking contest with Barry, he won in height, but my foundation had some nice green for an overalll win.

2) Chip stacking round two where i was promptly destroyed. But the order of action went me, Barry, Tyler so you couldn't really beat that.

3) Dinner was great and came together pretty easily considering we had 20 or so, and no reservation in the only place were going to in AC.

4) The room SnGs where there were 20 green borgata chips in play long with 30 of JoeTall's set. Too bad I lost both.

5) Heading back to the poker room from the SnGs, seeing the craps table, and cementing my place as the greatest craps player alive. Mosch is close behind, but I am still the greatest.

6) mini NL game. Good god. Where to begin. Flopping sets is fun. Losing 900 pots is probably less fun if you can remember it, luckily I don't. "Guy! easy guy! guy! easy guy!" -morgant

Sunday I was barely alive. Sorry I didn't stop to say good bye to the remaining people. I won only about 45 BBs in limit, and about 60 BBs in NL I guess.

It was great meeting everyone, especially the new people, morgant, tyler, savage, princeton crew, IRCers Lupin and Wakko, AngelGuppy, and I think that covers it, although i'm sure i forgot someone. As usual, I had a tremendous time, did -EV things, and lucked out doing them. Count me in for the next one.

Zack
Old 06-15-2004, 08:32 PM

I've got the picture on the PC, now how the heck do I post it here?