Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-02-2005, 01:54 PM

Default Home Rebuy Tourney

I'm entering a home rebuy tournament in an hour. There will probably be 35-45 people. The rebuy period is for the first two hours. I'm not sure about the blind levels.

I've been thinking of playing like a complete maniac (ie. many many all-ins) but I've been reconsidering. I am pretty sure most of the players will be very passive. I only see myself getting called by a big pair JJ+ and maybe AQs+. So

a) any time I go in and get called I'll most likely be a large underdog

b) it will be hard for me to win chips back if no one else is playing crazy

How does playing vs. passive people effect rebuy strategy? One strategy I've been thinking of is making 4x preflop raises, and then going all-in on the flop. At least that way I pick up some chips rather than just the blinds. Is that stupid?
Old 10-02-2005, 02:10 PM

Default Re: Home Rebuy Tourney

Take a look at this thread.

Your fears are legitimate. Basically, if no one else is playing loose, you'll need to treat the tournament like a freezeout, but you have the option to rebuy if you err. You can also afford to be as aggressive as you want to be against players who aren't going to rebuy multiple times. You can really test limpers and weaker players because you're not afraid to go broke.

-D.