Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-20-2005, 09:25 AM

Default Re: $215s - Way Too Aggro HU?

When you play HU, there are just some pots you should give up. This is one of them.

You have:
no pair
no draw
an opponent who's shown that he can get tricky

Just let this one go, and make a similiar play when you have a flush draw or overs + gutshot or OESD or something.
Old 07-20-2005, 10:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
On a side note, no one really buys my suspicious bets in the 50's anymore, but that is fine because now my POB's work really well

[/ QUOTE ]

POB = post oak bluff, right? so does that mean that you're getting action or stealing pots?
Old 07-20-2005, 11:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
On a side note, no one really buys my suspicious bets in the 50's anymore, but that is fine because now my POB's work really well

[/ QUOTE ]

POB = post oak bluff, right? so does that mean that you're getting action or stealing pots?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, Post Oak Bluff. What that means is sometimes I make a steal with a small bet when normally I should push and win the blinds. Sometimes I make suspicious bets and raises post flop that look like they want a call. These have been successful in getting people to lay down.

Not too long ago, I started deviating from my betting and raising standards more in MTT's (and this bled into STT's that I recently started playing again) and was having a lot of success with painfully obvious trapping plays. Subjectively, it seems like this success has dried up in STT's (though I still try every now and then) but now it seems the door for stealing pots cheaply has opened up, which I like more since I get crap hands and mis flops a lot more than I get monsters [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].