Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud

Old 05-31-2005, 08:30 AM

Default Hand against tricky player and crazy

7 Card Stud High ($5/$10), Ante $0.50, Bring-In $2 (hand converter)

3rd Street - (0.80 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls___calls
Seat 2: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Hero: 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___raises
Seat 4: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 5: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 6: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___brings-in___folds
Seat 7: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 8: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___completes___calls

4th Street - (7.20 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls
Hero: 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 8: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls

5th Street - (5.10 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls
Hero: 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets___calls
Seat 8: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___raises

6th Street - (11.10 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets___calls
Hero: 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls___calls
Seat 8: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___raises

River - (17.10 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] xx___bets
Hero: 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 8: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] xx___folds

Total pot: (19.10 BB)

Seat 8 is a ticky player who loves to slow play big pairs and seat 1 is madmondo who is well - crazy.

I know 90% I have seat 1 beat but throught going for the over call from seat 8 would be more +ev. I wouldnt mind calling a raise from seat 8 but getting 3 bet would be bad news in the long run- any thoughts on that?

Results <font color="white"> Madmondo had unimproved pair of 9's and MHIG </font>
Old 05-31-2005, 08:53 AM

Default Re: Hand against tricky player and crazy

IPITS. But shouldn’t it be MHWG?
Old 05-31-2005, 09:08 AM

Oh my god, Roland you have transformed into my 7 grade English teacher. Who would have thought a German would be correcting my grammer, I feel so inept.

By the way IPITS= I play it the same?
Old 05-31-2005, 09:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]

By the way IPITS= I play it the same?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 05-31-2005, 11:08 AM

I have two problems with the way you played this hand. First I think you should auto-fold on 6th with a player 1.) pairing his door card betting into you, 2.) a player with a paired board to act behind you. Next, your river play should have been an auto-raise if you are trying to push out two small pair, and over-call by the paired 3's behind you results in an automatic loss.

Good luck,

Dimitri
Old 05-31-2005, 11:20 AM

I have an OESD on 6th in a huge pot so there is no way I am folding. On 7th I made my straight and so I was hoping for the overcall so I would not be subject to a 3 bet from the reasonable player which would mean someone filled up and disaster for me.
Old 05-31-2005, 11:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I have two problems with the way you played this hand. First I think you should auto-fold on 6th with a player 1.) pairing his door card betting into you,

[/ QUOTE ]

No. Seat 1 was crazy, according to Beta – he could have anything. Besides, Beta picked up a straight draw.

[ QUOTE ]
2.) a player with a paired board to act behind you.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a problem – but there’s no way you can be sure he has aces in the hole. Besides, Beta picked up a straight draw.

[ QUOTE ]
Next, your river play should have been an auto-raise if you are trying to push out two small pair, and over-call by the paired 3's behind you results in an automatic loss.

[/ QUOTE ]

Take another look. He caught the straight [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 05-31-2005, 11:35 AM

Default Unrelated Comment

I want seat 1 to leave so I can aghhh soo tired yet so profitable - what to do what to do? (I have been playing since about 10 pm est I didnt just wake up and start playing)
Old 05-31-2005, 02:29 PM

I think I play it about the same, although I lean towards raising the river. You don't know if the other guy will call two bets cold until you give him the chance to.