Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-14-2004, 09:16 PM

Default Official 2+2 Atlantic City Trip Report Thread

Since either no one wants to start this, or CrackerZack and Scrub are still playing No-Limit, I'll be the first to share my thoughts on this groundbreaking gathering (now it sounds important).

I won't bore everyone with all the highlights, I'd like all the participants to add their 2 cents to the thread. JTG will not be available for comment until next week, since he is moving to Barstow as we speak.

Joe Tall, JTG51 and myself left CT around 1:00 and get into AC around 6:00. It was basically a poker marathon from there. In the last 2 days, I met the following people (if I forget some names, I apologize, there were ALOT of people): Scrub, Luke, Brian 09...(sorry I forgot all the numbers and am too lazy to look), Homer, Dr Savage, AngelFish, AngelGuppy, Barry (you know you are 3rd on that list!), Bunky05...(see Brian), Mikey, Mike Gallo (good luck with the wedding, I tried to warn you!), Morgant, and Tyler Durden. Like I said, I'm sure I'm missing someone, and I apologize for doing that. Feel free to flame me for it. This is in addition to the people I have already met: MaxPower, CrackerZack, Mosch, Bottles, Jeffage, and of course JTG51 and Joe Tall. I probably missed some in this list too, but like I said, there were ALOT of people.

We were all able to enjoy dinner together Saturday night, and then a great home game in our room involving hold'em, omaha 8 or better, and crazy fox. The HOC game was pretty crazy. I got to straddle for the first time in my life, and played the hand blind to the river, calling a bet in the river. How dare Bottles call my preflop blind cap! I was obviously soon broke and on the rail. The line up for this game included JTG51, AngelFish, Morgant, Scrub, me, Homer, Dr Savage, Joe Tall, and Bottles. I think I can re-write the chapter on game selection now. I will let Homer tell his story about flopping the nuts in Omaha and what happened after.

Hopefully, Barry will post the pictures from dinner where we all can see them. Next time you fly and want to offer someone a ride, don't call Joe Tall, call me! We appreciated the phone call when you got home....2 hours before us!

It was nice to place so many names with so many faces. Hopefully we can all make the trek back to AC very soon.

Joe