Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-16-2005, 06:41 PM

Default Re: $100 pants club

[ QUOTE ]
"What is idiotic about buying nice things that you can afford?"

Exactly. No matter what you splurge on, someone will come along and say you shouldn't waste your money on that. But everyone splurges on something. I, for example, don't have much interest in travelling, though wanderlust is very common. If somebody handed me money and gave me the option to travel or buy clothes it would be close, or at least closer than the decision for everyone else, and I don't understand why people would judge me for that. Do you all just horde your money and line your coffins with it?

-Michael

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not going to criticize anyone for splurging. It is perfectly fine (and healthy) to treat yourself well every now and then. However, NEVER spending less than $100 on a pair of pants is something I don't understand. What do you get out of it?

Many a female splurge to show off to their pretentious friends.

Many a businessmen use it to impress clients.

However, you apparently have dreadlocks. Exactly what kind of utility do you get out of this? Is it vanity? Or is it something else?

-the very pragmatic and curious
wacki
Old 06-16-2005, 07:29 PM

Yes, I am curious about this character. Do some leg work and let me know what you find out.

-Dimitri
Old 06-16-2005, 07:38 PM

Do ski/snowboard pants count? I've spent like $500 on a pair of winter pants.

Other than that, suit pants are the only kind of pants that I've dropped more than a hundy on, Though i did have some Deisel jeans that were originally like $140, but I got 'em half-off.

The damn suit pants! Someone gave me a brand new Nordstrom's suit coat that fit perfectly and looked really good on me- I thought "I'll just go and get a matching pair of slacks, and I've got a suit!"... they cost $129- For some reason, I was expecting like $39.95 or something.
Old 06-16-2005, 07:56 PM

I'm a multiple member of the $200 jeans club.
Old 06-16-2005, 09:38 PM

I'm in the $200 pants club too. I never thought I would be, but it started with a $120 pair of Buffalo jeans I tried on thinking they were much less and deciding I liked them too much not to buy them. That led to Diesel and Seven. Then, when I couldn't find a nice pair of lightweight summer pants I needed for a wedding, I ended up having some custom tailored. I do have a pair of Nautica jeans I still wear (and like), that cost $60, but I think all of my other pants are $150 min. Anyone claiming there's no difference between some $50 levis and a $200 pair of pants is wrong.
Old 06-17-2005, 04:42 AM

I've been in the club many times over.
Old 06-17-2005, 05:54 AM

Wow, I'll blow a couple hundred bucks on a meal at a restaurant, but I'll sure as hell be wearing clothes I bought at a thrift store.

Besides leather boots, which I spend more than Jeans could dream of costing, I own no clothes that I spent more than 8 bucks on.

Just checked my closet...none. No problem with folks that do, I think it's neat that people love to blow their money on such diverse things.
Old 06-17-2005, 06:11 AM

If you live in the UK it is very easy to join this club thanks to the prices in Rip off Britain.

The 100£ club however is a bit harder, but I am a member.
Old 06-17-2005, 06:23 AM

I live in London, Uk.......where I live labels are pretty much required...and cost a lot !

I own 2 pairs of jeans that cost £175 ($320)....and a few pairs that cost £125.....I probably have ownership of 6/7 pairs now that cost £100+...

I have spent £200 on shoes.....and i currently have 5 pairs that reatil at £120+....

**Note this is not a bragging thread.......just that if u pair for labels like Armani/Moschino/Evisu/Versace....In london, u have to pay up.....
Old 06-17-2005, 06:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
*Note this is not a bragging thread.......just that if u pair for labels like Armani/Moschino/Evisu/Versace....In london, u have to pay up.....

[/ QUOTE ]

No-one is forcing you to buy these brands(!)