Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 06-15-2005, 01:28 PM

Default Make sense to anyone else?

From a business standpoint, does the following make sense to anyone else?
So I told my boss about a month ago that I would be leaving for another job (thanks to those who helped me out with that situation btw...it went well). I also told him that I would still be more than happy to help them out with some of the side projects I work on like advertising/marketing and some graphics work. Because this was stuff I could do from home, I planned on charging an absolute bare minimum monthly fee for my help.

Appearantly the company has decided to pass my "side" duties, as well as some projects they told me to put some though to, onto an outside marketing company. It sounds ok in theory, but I haven't really seen these consultants do anything I can't do. Yesterday my boss showed me a couple of things they put together. They're nice, but like I said...nothing I can't do.

So, from a business standpoint, how does it possibly make sense to hire marketing consultants for probably thousands per month to do the work that someone else offered to do for a fraction of that? I'm not leaving on bad terms, so it's not like they don't want to work with me. It's just kinda a kick in the nuts to see what I thought would still be my work after I left passed onto outside consultants.
Old 06-15-2005, 01:34 PM

Default Re: Make sense to anyone else?

Your bosses head...is it pointy?

This is what companies do, man.

I guess from a business perspective it might make sense if they get to say XYZ firm does their marketing or whatever in sales meetings or something. Otherwise...[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

I dunno man.

Sounds pretty dumb to me. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 06-15-2005, 01:44 PM

You are doing just the graphics part? I'd have to hear more details - but maybe the cosulting company will be offering other services as part of an overall marketing plan, and it's just more cohesive to have it done by the same group.

They might be questioning your motivation now even though they like you - you could come back and say you no longer have time to help them out, etc.

Hard to say.
Old 06-15-2005, 01:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
They might be questioning your motivation now even though they like you - you could come back and say you no longer have time to help them out, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is my guess