Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-09-2005, 08:18 PM

Default Fantasy Football Draft Slot

14-team traditional fantasy football league.

You are allowed to pick your draft slot. Draft is serpentine (1-14 14-1 1-14 14-1 ...)

Which slot do you pick and why.
Old 06-09-2005, 08:25 PM

Default Re: Fantasy Football Draft Slot

I would prefer anywhere between #7 and #10.
If you take #7, you should still be able to pick up a top RB (Tomlinson, McGahee, Holmes, Dillon, etc.). Coming back in the 2nd round, QBs will be ready to go. Either Peyton Manning or Daunte Culpepper could still be there. If not, you could grab McNabb or a top WR (TO, Moss).
Old 06-09-2005, 08:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you take #7, you should still be able to pick up a top RB (Tomlinson, McGahee, Holmes, Dillon, etc.). Coming back in the 2nd round, QBs will be ready to go. Either Peyton Manning or Daunte Culpepper could still be there. If not, you could grab McNabb or a top WR (TO, Moss).

[/ QUOTE ]

What 6 players are going ahead of Tomlinson? I can't think of a single reason not to take him first. He's clearly head and shoulders above any other player.
Old 06-09-2005, 09:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

After Manning's incredible year in 2004, he could easily end up going #1 and will certainly be picked in the top 5 in almost every league. Culpepper will almost certainly go in the first round too (and possilby McNabb).

As for running backs, Tomlinson, Holmes, and Alexander should be gone by pick #5.

I'm high on Edgerrin James this year and would like the pick which would land him in the first round. That should be anwhere from #5 to #9.
Old 06-09-2005, 09:10 PM

I always liked picking last in the 1st round.. you can see trends position wise later in the draft and having 2 in a row is a big advantage throughout the draft
Old 06-09-2005, 09:16 PM

There are not 28 RBs in the league this year. So you have to take a RB in round one.

There are also only two RBs who are virtual locks to put up 1300+ yard, 10+ TD seasons. In a league like this, I want one.

I take pick two and grab either LT or Alexander, whomever falls to me, with a preference for LT.

With the 27th pick overall, I'm praying for Kevin Jones, but in any case, I am taking an RB there and with pick 30.
Old 06-09-2005, 10:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What 6 players are going ahead of Tomlinson? I can't think of a single reason not to take him first. He's clearly head and shoulders above any other player.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tomlinson is a worthy #1 pick, but no way is he head and shoulders above the rest of the top players. In 7 more games, he only had 3 more TDs than Priest Holmes. Willis McGahee, in his limited role with the Bills last year, was only 200+ rushing yards behind Tomlinson.
If Manning can duplicate his '04 numbers, he should also go ahead of Tomlinson.
Old 06-09-2005, 10:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Tomlinson is a worthy #1 pick, but no way is he head and shoulders above the rest of the top players. In 7 more games, he only had 3 more TDs than Priest Holmes. Willis McGahee, in his limited role with the Bills last year, was only 200+ rushing yards behind Tomlinson.
If Manning can duplicate his '04 numbers, he should also go ahead of Tomlinson.

[/ QUOTE ]

While I'm sure your numbers are accurate, you should remember that Tomlinson was injured for the first half of the season.
Old 06-09-2005, 10:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I always liked picking last in the 1st round.. you can see trends position wise later in the draft and having 2 in a row is a big advantage throughout the draft

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually totally disagree with this. You can totally MISS runs on positions by not drafting for almost two full rounds. I like drafting somewhere in the 5-9 spot, preferably the 6-8 spot, for this reason.

Being in the middle of each round, you can spot trends early and not totally miss the boat on a position.

The only benefit of drafting two in a row is being able to take an extended bathroom/smoke break. Otherwise, I see no reason to 'hope' for the back-to-back picking slot.
Old 06-10-2005, 12:41 AM

I would like to be between 10 and 14 in this draft. Being at the very beginning would suck. At 10-14 you can still get a decent running back (or WR if you really want to go that route) and then a good player on the wrap-around.

Also, I don't think there is any way LT should slide to #7.