Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-01-2005, 10:14 PM

Default aq again, 100nl

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ Hero (6 max, 5 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Villain is a diceman; other than that don't have a sense for his postflop play.

Hero ($109.03)
UTG ($90.69)
MP ($8.65)
Button ($90.40)
SB ($120.30)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $0.50.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB (poster) raises to $3.5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $11</font>, SB calls $8.

Flop: ($24) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $22</font>,

Hero?
Old 12-01-2005, 11:02 PM

Default Re: aq again, 100nl

That is certainly a nasty board to hit with a re-raised AQ. He called your re-raise OOP and has now near-potted it on that board. Hands I think you may be up against are a set protecting against the straight draw, and any combination of two pair hands that he didn't want to be pushed off of heads up preflop (JT QJ QT). That bet seems a bit large for AK, I don't think he would play the nut straight that fast on a rainbow board. AQ for the split is possible, as is KQ for top pair +OESD. 99 and 89, along with some other pair+OESD combinations are also possibilities, but I think somewhat less likely.

This pot is going to be at 68 on the turn, and the four kings are the only cards you really want to see, which it would be doubtful he would pay you off on if you did manage to catch. You certainly don't have the odds to chase 4 outs. I think I may pass on this spot.
Old 12-01-2005, 11:58 PM

This is one bad spot and I don't think I have a problem folding here.

If I decided I was gonna play though, I'm pushing here, but that may be spewage.
Old 12-02-2005, 12:12 AM

Could be a made str8, A8 double belly, 2 pr (JT, QT). The point is that TPTK is designed to win a small pot. How much pressure can you stand if the turn is a diamond? or an 8, or the board pairs? Fold. There are better places to get your money in.
Old 12-02-2005, 10:37 AM

tough spot, why reraise pf?
if you can confortably play one pair hands for all stack in blinds battle, then raise pf is good. Otherwise I keep the pot small as possible.
I might be too weak tight.
Old 12-02-2005, 10:45 AM

I'm folding at this point.

I'm also curious about comments on the pre-flop reraise? I think I might call and see the flop, depending on read.
Old 12-02-2005, 12:00 PM

You are uncomfortable already with two more bets to go. Let it go. On to the next hand.
Old 12-02-2005, 12:07 PM

If I decided I was gonna play though, I'm pushing here, but that may be spewage.

[/ QUOTE ]
I've lost a lot of money betting into any 3 card straight flop. This is the worst three card straight flop you could possible be up against. I would never bet my stack here, when the villain raised preflop.
Old 12-02-2005, 12:25 PM

i dont understand the preflop reraise with AQo... granted you say he likes to gambool, but i like a call here.
Old 12-02-2005, 01:59 PM

A. cause I have position
B. cause I probably have the best hand
C. cause I could fold a better hand
D. cause reraises preflop get too much respect
E. cause reraises preflop often win the pot right away or on the flop
F. cause if I get 3 bet preflop I'm fairly certain what I am up against and just saved myself some cash
G. All of the above
H. None of the above
I. Some of the above