Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2005, 03:12 PM

Default Re: Hellmuth at main event

[ QUOTE ]

yeah the guy called an decent sized all in (relative to the blinds) with J high. He was a moron, Phil stated the obvious truth. Not PC but you can't knock a guy for telling the truth

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure you can. No one is disputing that Phil is right, but he doesn't have to be an ass about it. He could have privately said it to his wife, but berating the player right at the table was quite rude.

Just because truth is truth doesn't mean everyone has to hear it.
Old 10-24-2005, 03:12 PM

Yeah I've heard he's "about 6'7", which probably means 6'6". I saw him standing next to Huck Seed at the HU championship and Huck edged him out slightly (Huck is said to be 6'7"). Phil Gordon claims to be 6'9", and I think he is the tallest notable player out there.

If Randy Johnson starts to dominate in poker like he can in baseball, then he will hold this title.

BTW, I wonder what the largest height disparity HU at the end of a major tournament has been?

I think in '88 Chan v. Seidel. Chan is like 5'4"?? And Seidel looks to be at least 6'4".

Phil Gordon v. Scott Fischman would look comical.
Old 10-24-2005, 03:16 PM

Phil had every right to call both "maniacs" donkeys that cant spell poker. I would have done the same. Nice work Phil!
Old 10-24-2005, 03:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hellmuth complains when someone gets lucky on him, but he says nothing when his A-J hits two pair to save him from being outkicked...if he was the one with A-Q he would have told the "donkey" to know preflop that he was dominated!

[/ QUOTE ]

Didn't most of the money go in on the turn - AFTER Phil had hit two pair?
Old 10-24-2005, 03:32 PM

Default Why hasn\'t Phil had the living sh*t beat out of him yet

Man where's Sam Grizzle when u need him. You'd think Phil would be smart enough to know he's going to cross "the wrong guy" at some point. I wonder how much he spends on security guards. Don't think knowing yoga is going to help him when some 300lb bricklayer biker-dude takes offense at his yappings
Old 10-24-2005, 03:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Phil had every right to call both "maniacs" donkeys

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe the guy with KJ is a maniac (since his J,10 call was crazy), but he did the pushing... Based on how much Helmouth loves to fold monster hands (and brag about it for hours), I might have pushed that hand also.

If your other "maniac" is X22, I have to disagree with you. Once X22 re-raised and Helmouth pushed, from what I could tell X22 was getting slightly better than 3-to-1 pot odds to call. Based on Helmouth's likely range, calling in that spot in no way makes somebody a maniac and it's probably close to being mathematically correct. Pushing all-in with AQ giving your opponent 3-to-1 odds is more suspect, IMO...
Old 10-24-2005, 03:40 PM

Default Re: Why hasn\'t Phil had the living sh*t beat out of him yet

I mean seriously, I cant [censored] stand it when some donkey starts playing crap against me. Hell I keep a tight image at the table. Then I make a raise and some donkey calls my pocket queens with 95o and the flop comes 559. By God your damn right I will berate his ass in a heart beat. I mean what the [censored] are you thinking when I guy raises 3x BB and has played about 12% of the hands? Exactly, your a [censored] DONK that can't even spell POKER!
Old 10-24-2005, 04:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I mean seriously, I cant [censored] stand it when some donkey starts playing crap against me. Hell I keep a tight image at the table. Then I make a raise and some donkey calls my pocket queens with 95o and the flop comes 559. By God your damn right I will berate his ass in a heart beat. I mean what the [censored] are you thinking when I guy raises 3x BB and has played about 12% of the hands? Exactly, your a [censored] DONK that can't even spell POKER!

[/ QUOTE ]

If the blinds are low compared to your stack size it's a good play against a tight player(not 95o but a suited connector or suited 1 gapper) because the guy playing the garbage is only going to lose the 3 big bets if he misses but if he hits he's likely to get the tight players whole stack.
Old 10-24-2005, 04:39 PM

tell ya what, Im 6'9" and a college football/bball player, and I would have a hard time not wanting to really beat the [censored] out of that whiny baby.

you know what, I dont really care if you think that person is a donkey, and I dont really care if you think you're the best in the world. It's just bad etiquette, and retarded, not to mention immature to boot.

You nkow what? Gus Hansen and Phil Ivey would ply suited one gappers against your queens, and stack you when 779 hit the board.... are they donks? Give me a break. Go find a punching bag, and take out your passive aggressive personality problem on it. They have no place at the poker table.
Old 10-24-2005, 04:47 PM

Toro you are right about the hands there you are calling depending on blinds but still why call a raise from someone that hasnt played that many hands? Sure occasionally thats cool but who the hell am I to tell someone how to play?