Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-15-2005, 04:30 AM

Default Maniac has AA against another maniac...

I have been completely out of line at this table, I must have been hopped up on goof balls or something. There was a 2+2er at this table for a while (mmmmmmmmbrother) but he probably left the table understandably since any pot I was in was at least 3 bets preflop and many bets post flop. My stats were like 45/30 for this session. I think I ended up driving the guy on my right insane. If I raised he 3 bet, if it folded to him he raised me. I considered just calling his 3 bet, then decided to go the safe route and just put in the most money I could with AA since there's absolutely no way he is going to give me credit for it. On the river when he bet after I capped I was pretty sure I was beat, but due to my table image and the huge pot I felt like there was no way I could fold, because he could easily be doing this with bottom pair (I had been capping flush draws on flop/turn in multiway pots earlier and then getting to showdown with A or K high so he could easily put me on nothing). I'm glad I kept playing like a psychopath tonight, because it made me realize that I need to practice more shorthanded and control my aggression instead of going insane on half the hands. As much as I enjoy getting this kind of action in a 3 handed game with my AA, I enjoy having some kind of idea where I'm at so that I can bet/raise/fold with more confidence even more. When I capped the flop I felt like it was for value, when I capped the turn I felt like I was spewing, but it's just so easy to click that button [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]. Any and all thoughts on this hand would be appreciated since I'm rarely in a game like this where there's no way someone is going to give me credit for a hand.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 3 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (12 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (10 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, BB calls.

River: (18 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 20 BB
Old 10-15-2005, 04:43 AM

Default Re: Maniac has AA against another maniac...

Regardless of your previous history this board is absolutely horrendous for aces. Slooooowwww down. After you cap the flop and he bets the turn I'm probably just calling down. Raising the turn wasn't completely terrible but was pushing it a little. Capping the turn was just hemmorraging chips.
Old 10-15-2005, 05:58 AM

I can prob live with ur turn raise but Id call down after.
Old 10-15-2005, 05:59 AM

1/2 holdem rules... haha.