Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-07-2005, 11:34 PM

Default What the hell is lstream calling me with??

Couldn’t figure it out.
Oh ya, seat 8 is stream, and seat 3 is a total fish.
Also, do I give up on 4th or 5th? And who likes the river bluff?

7 Card Stud High ($5/$10), Ante $0.50, Bring-In $2 (hand converter)

3rd Street - (0.60 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 2: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 3: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls___calls
Hero: 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___completes
Seat 6: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 8: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___brings-in___calls

4th Street - (3.60 SB)

Seat 3: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Hero: 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 8: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls

5th Street - (3.30 BB)

Seat 3: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Hero: 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 8: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls

6th Street - (6.30 BB)

Seat 3: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___checks
Hero: 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___checks
Seat 8: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___checks

River - (6.30 BB)

Seat 3: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] xx___checks
Hero: 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 8: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] xx

Total pot: 8.30 BB
Old 09-07-2005, 11:45 PM

Default Re: What the hell is lstream calling me with??

I go to check fold on fifth after the bet on forth doesn't fold anyone.

I have no idea what seat 8 has, maybe a 3 flush turned into a straight draw? I don't think a pair of fives would call past 3rd street without a decent draw with it. Maybe 5's and 3's?...strange play no matter what he's got

I try not to make the river bluff to often, giving 7:1 pot odds, its tough to get a better hand than 7's to fold
Old 09-07-2005, 11:57 PM

Strange hand.

Don't think that the bet on river will acomplish much unless you think your 7's are best and are hoping for a pair of 5's to call. But a higher pair is not folding. At his point, i'm just putting seat 8 on 5's with some decent kicker, or a buried pair, maybe even your two other 7's. He really did not play it any other way given that he checked on 6th and made the other calls. Look forward to see the result and how you won woth a pair of 7's.
Old 09-08-2005, 12:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
At his point, i'm just putting seat 8 on 5's with some decent kicker, or a buried pair, maybe even your two other 7's.

[/ QUOTE ]

lstream does not have 77 in the hole. He should definitely fold on 3rd if he did.
Old 09-08-2005, 01:00 AM

pocket TT?
Old 09-08-2005, 01:39 AM

I would limp on third. Having raised, continuing to drive is fine, I s'pose, but I'd lean towards checking along on fourth myself. I don't think the river bluff will work often enough to make it worthwhile.
Old 09-08-2005, 02:01 AM

And the winner is…

Beer$$$: "what the hell is lstream calling me with"
Beer$$$: i haven't looked at the post
Beer$$$: but who knows
Beer$$$: let me look
Roland910: guess?
Roland910: before you look
Beer$$$: i'm about to look
Beer$$$: i'm drunk..
Roland910: don't
Beer$$$: really
Roland910: guess first
Beer$$$: i'm drunk
Roland910: you might get it right
Beer$$$: ok
Beer$$$: before i look
Roland910: go!
Beer$$$: <font color="red">a shitty oesd</font>
Roland910: bingo!!!

Beer scares me sometimes.
Old 09-08-2005, 02:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
pocket TT?

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly what I was thinking.
Old 09-08-2005, 02:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
lstream does not have 77 in the hole. He should definitely fold on 3rd if he did.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then again, we told him to fold crappy stuff like 465, especially with one of his outs in clear sight, but he just won’t listen. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

(Btw, since grb posted this hand with percy recently - I recall an interesting hand I played against him once. I raised with a 7 up in EP with like five over cards behind me and he called me from the bring-in with 773 (ended up beating my buried kings). Yes, percy is a loose-goose too! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img])
Old 09-08-2005, 03:34 AM

Okay, nobody seems to really like the river bluff, so I’ll try to explain. I’ll start at the beginning:

Whether and how to play small or medium pairs with an ace kicker in the party structure is a question nobody seems to have a definite answer to, and neither have I. One spot where I really love these hands though is when I can play them heads-up against a maniac (who will raise with any three) or a fish like the guy in seat 3 (who called with any three). Andy, you said you’d limp, but I really want to get it heads-up here. I’d be happy to limp with this hand in other spots though.

Unfortunately, lstream called. Go figure… I’d probably re-raise with jacks or queens (or better) there, but he’s not me of course. Also, he’s looser than me. I’d fold tens there, but he might not. (Not saying that’s incorrect - he knows I might be trying to isolate seat 3 with 7s or maybe a 3-flush, so tens could be in decent shape). He could have 5A5, but that’s rather unlikely.

On 4th I was really unhappy. Seat 3 caught my ace, but there’s an excellent chance my 7s are still ahead. Also, I want lstream to get the hell out of my pot; since I caught another heart, he might be willing to fold a small 3-flush (fearing he’s drawing to the second best hand and that two more of his outs are dead).
Of course, the pot is still relatively small right now. I think I should have check-folded right there.

5th street - I’m clueless. I might have the best hand, I might not. Stream might FOLD the best hand, but it’s rather unlikely. And I don’t gain all that much if he folds a 3-flush, do I? I still don’t know. Let’s find out…
Stream calls. Since I don’t have Beers crazy hand-reading skills, I put him on a pair now; probably tens. Less likely, jacks. Or Queens, even. But I’m pretty confused; you just never know with him.

6th street - Stream’s not folding, my hand sucks… check. The check must look like a 4-flush to Stream. But he checks behind. This just HAS to be tens.

So on the river, I was sure Stream had my 7s beat. I wasn’t sure, however, that seat 3 had them beat. Of course, I can’t bluff HIM. But I’m pretty sure I can get Stream to lay down his tens. After all, there’s only like $60 in the pot…

Anyway, Stream missed his straight and folded, but unfortunately seat 3 caught a second ace on the river and called. (here’s his hand: Jc 3s Ks Ah 8h Qd Ad).

I still like the bluff, though.

Sorry for the long post.