Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-21-2005, 02:58 AM

Default Re: Okay call down w/ TT?

I agree with Bank and Einbert. I think reraising with TT is fine, then check/call the flop and turn. But with the river card J, I'd check/fold.
Old 09-21-2005, 03:32 AM

Folding this river is pretty bad, for reasons already stated.
Old 09-21-2005, 03:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Unfortunately there aren't any.

Hooray for ghost reasons! They are what makes twoplustwo the great establishment of intellectual activity that it has come to be.

While we're at it,

Hooray for one sentence posts that add absolutely nothing to threads! Hooray for posters who feel that people care that they *still* disagree with what has been said yet don't have any arguments, mathematically based logic, or any evidence at all to support their decision.

Lack of thinking rocks! It will save us from all of our burdens! Oh God of laziness and simplism, please look upon me and smile! Show me your blessings, you mighty and wondrous king! Show me the great tidings of endless joy that I will bear for my lack of thought and my neverending stubborn attachment to my own desire not to put forth effort!

Thank you for your post BreakEvenPlayer, I have to say that one is a milestone for twoplustwo. I think this thread will be locked for months, even YEARS to come thanks to that one post of yours. I think I'm going to quote it again so that everyone can read it! If you guys study this post long enough, you will truly understand limit hold em! In fact you will understand everything in this world and will become like gods among men!
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]BreakEvenPlayer [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Oh you will be worshipped for years to come! Bring forth your glorious bounty of breakeven streaks and the occasional downswing, and let us not venture into the land of effort, suffering, and thought.

Thank you, thank god for you. For you all my all in all.

PS - Do you offer lessons? If so please PM. I'm very interested.
Old 09-21-2005, 04:26 AM

Hi einbert,

I have three posts (now four) in this thread. My last one-liner was referring to my other two posts in this same thread which explained my position on the entire hand.

From reading your post I fear that you have serious tilt issues. There are wonderful people in the Psychology forum who can help you out.
Old 09-21-2005, 04:31 AM

Please excuse the sarcasm in my last post. I just reread your post einbert and I'm just going to come out and say you're a real tool.
Old 09-21-2005, 04:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Unfortunately there aren't any.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm...

[ QUOTE ]
the thing is... those PFR numbers can be very misleading. I've played with guys who shorthanded have numbers like 19/9, and they raise A6o UTG. I've also played with guys who are 50/2, but will never raise a pocket pair.

with that PFR of 13, we really don't know what this guy is capping. i believe this guy is capable of betting the whole way with a pocket pair below ours or maybe an Ax that hit the x. i call this down, why make the hand difficult against a crappy player who's decisions aren't always logical?

[/ QUOTE ]

That looks suspiciously like reasoning to me.
Old 09-21-2005, 04:43 AM

Wrong. I specifically put him on A high or a lower pp because it's mathematically much less likely that he actually hit the only over card to my pair on the board than that he has A high or a pp. I knew I could be beaten b/c of the cap, but I've also seen mid pps and overs cap HU.

M
Old 09-21-2005, 04:49 AM

Not only that, but it's a strategic maneuver to cap HU when you were 3-bet. I try to do it once an hour and a half at a table where I'm pretty frequently 3-bet by 32/20 types. It provides additional fold equity. So sometimes when I'm HU and I'm 3-bet, I'll cap with A high-good kicker (usually Q) or 77-88. I've found that they give up the hand on the flop much more readily.

Here, I could "feel" that this guy's cap was suspicious. You know, it's hard to tell online exactly what it is...it could be that he capped very quickly, or that 2 hands ago I subconsciously noted that he 3-bet the turn and folded the river, or something like that.

M
Old 09-21-2005, 04:55 AM

Grunched

I don't see what capping hand your beating with a King on the flop - I fold.

In what I would think is the rare event that button is overplaying some other Broadways, you're hand is pretty vulnerable anyway.
Old 09-21-2005, 04:58 AM

Thanks for your input Magenoita. I understand the maneuver, but I think I have trouble applying it or reacting correctly to it unless i am running well. Otherwise, the cap scares the bejesus out of me unless I've seen the guy do it to me or someone else and I get suspicious. Maybe you should include your subconcious reads in future posts. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I would still like to hear more feedback on this hand since it's a situation with which I find myself having trouble. Does anybody other than BreakEvenPlayer or Einbert care to respond?