Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-27-2005, 10:37 PM

Default Re: it gets out of hand

[ QUOTE ]
With the cards that are out this is probably playable. If someone had an ace or king I would muck unless i was in late position.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks. I guess I'm on the right track. I've been learning on the fly.
Old 07-28-2005, 10:02 AM

I would have been dragged along in the same way. The cold call on 5th would give me pause, because it looks like we hold a draw to the 2nd or 3rd best flush. On 6th, I don't raise because I'm afraid the club flush has me beat. On the river, I'd bet out, and call the raise. (yes, I'm weak)
Old 07-28-2005, 11:28 AM

I definitely fold third and I also fold fourth. Even though 6s are live, I don't like chasing to an inside straight when it might not even make the best hand.

So did his Ace-high flush beat you or his king-high flush lose to you?
Old 07-28-2005, 12:09 PM

Default Not jamming 4th...

Is it wrong for seat 7 to 'not jam 4th' with a good four flush... An earlier post on these boards shows Andy jamming 4th...and i think it is common to do so...please help me understand.

I was seat 7 and I just dont raise 4th on a good drawing hand like this...(started A3(2) all clubs)

The table wasnt loose, but it also was not overly tight(correct me if im wrong here jon).

If I consider the table loose, should i be jamming these situations, Like Andy did...?
Old 07-28-2005, 12:46 PM

Default Re: Not jamming 4th...

seat 5 bet your hand for you on that street. Personally, I would bet out and call any raise. As far as jamming a four flush on 4th, I don't, but you can do it if you have a couple of callers (and think a flush is going to win the hand).
Old 07-28-2005, 01:47 PM

Yes, in general you are a favorite on 4th with a live 4-flush over any one player that is not tripped. So if the pot is multiway you should definitely consider jamming, you'll have MUCH more than your "fair share" of equity (ie if you win more than 1/4 of the time in a 4 way pot you are making money on every bet that goes in, and in this situation usually a significant amount in fact).
Old 07-28-2005, 01:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes, in general you are a favorite on 4th with a live 4-flush over any one player that is not tripped. So if the pot is multiway you should definitely consider jamming, you'll have MUCH more than your "fair share" of equity (ie if you win more than 1/4 of the time in a 4 way pot you are making money on every bet that goes in, and in this situation usually a significant amount in fact).

[/ QUOTE ]

I usually draft when in the bettor is seated directly on my right. If the pot was 3 or 4 bet on fourth, i go ahead and raise cause they're gonna call anyway.
Old 07-28-2005, 02:00 PM

Yeah good point. You only want to make these value raises if they won't knock people out, in general you want customers.