Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-17-2005, 06:29 AM

Default This is a BRAG (Low Content)

Well, I finally did it! After finishing 2nd once and making the final table several times the last two months, I finally won the $50+4 at Pokerroom, beating out 224 for $2800! (I know that's not huge to many of you out there, but it's a BFD to me.)

What's amazing is that I was down to 2 BBs and battled back. I'm just going to post a few highlights, for you to read if you want to.

I got short stacked after about 1/2 the entrants washed out. Picked up AK early, bet 4x the BB, got called by one late player. Saw a flop of AK5. Got all the money in; he turns over 55 (really the only hand I could credit him for that beats me; he'd reraise AA or KK.) Suddenly I'm down from T4500 to T650 or so, with a T300 BB two hands away.

Get 66 in the BB, get a min raiser and two callers. Figure I'm pot committed, go all-in. Quad up when noone can beat my unimproved sixes. Double up again w/ AA shortly after, and I'm back in the hunt.

To the end. The pivotal play of the game. Four players, three w/ similar stacks, and one way behind. Pick up T9o in the BB, I'm third in money. #2Minraises from the SB. Flop a straight w/ a two-suited board. Check it down to the river, go all-in and I'm called by UNIMPROVED KQ! I figure I found the only way to make money on this hand. Bet any earlier, he folds. My all in bet must have looked like I was trying to bully and didn't want a call; I don't know if he calls a smaller bet.

Final hand: get opponent all-in, I have KsQs, he has KcJc. No one improves, although he gave me a scare when he flopped a flush draw.

Thanks for putting up w/ my bragging! Now I just have to try to come down and get some sleep [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]