Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-08-2005, 12:50 AM

Default A Passive QQ hand...

Party 3/6 6m

UTG = is loose passive and has never raised preflop
BB = hasn't done anything out of the ordinary, reasonably tight and normal aggression (nothing special or stand out)

Hero is CO with Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Preflop: UTG limps, MP folds, Hero raises, button folds, SB folds, BB calls, UTG calls

Flop: 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (3 players, 6sb)
SB bets, UTG raises, Hero calls, SB folds...

--- my thinknig was that with SB leading i will watch the action and likely raise the turn, should i just 3 bet right now?

Turn: A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 players, 5.5BB)
UTG bets, Hero calls...

--- should i raise here and take a free showdown? i don't really like that cuz he sees the A but doenst seem to care...and i can't see folding here...

River: J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 players, 7.5BB)
UTG bets, Hero folds...

---is this even close?

comments on all streets appreciated, thanks...
Old 09-08-2005, 12:55 AM

Default Re: A Passive QQ hand...

Raise flop, raise turn, call river(I think you will see smaller PP playing like this quite often, enough that you should call the river)
Old 09-08-2005, 01:29 AM

I really don't like it. You can't fold on the river. I can see your argument for maybe waiting for the turn, but here, I'd just go ahead and raise the flop. If you're calling the turn, you have to call the river.
Old 09-08-2005, 01:49 AM

Raise the flop and lead the turn. If he checkraises you on the turn you've got a little decision on your hands but I'd probably call the turn if he raises. The river is horrible, I'd muck and probably not even consider it. But then again, if he's got a jack you might win this on the turn. Nah, nevermind. Well, anyway, raise the damn flop!
Old 09-08-2005, 01:50 AM

Was your plan on the flop to raise the turn? If so, why in the [censored] did the ace scare you? If not, why in the [censored] wasnt that your plan?

Personally I would have just 3bet the flop.

If you did raise the turn, why would you take a free showdown?
Old 09-08-2005, 03:20 AM

I would three bet the flop and see what happens. It might help clarify the situation while still on a cheap street. It might make a Jack fold. It might make any random Aces or Kings fold.

Edit: It probably wouldn't make a Jack fold, but it might help define if someone has a Jack.
Old 09-08-2005, 03:40 AM

the plan on the flop was to raise the turn, but i thought, probably incorrectly that raising the ace might make a J fold or make a pocket pair fold, rather than continue betting...
also, this villain is loose/passive and seeing that he raised the flop and wasn't scared of the turn A, i figured i would see showdown cheaply against what appeared to be a stronger hand...
Old 09-08-2005, 07:05 AM

3-bet the flop and fold to a cap from SB if he's that passive.

I would call the turn, thinking I'm ahead of a Jack and planning to raise the river. No sense in giving villian a chance to fold his Jack/Pocket pair with a turn raise.

I think the river is close between calling and folding. I think villian has a pocket pair enough from his flop action but I'm not sure he's value betting this on the river enough to make calling profitable.
Old 09-08-2005, 07:20 AM

"3-bet the flop and fold to a cap from SB if he's that passive."

can this possibly be correct? if i 3bet and he caps shouldn't i at least see if i can spike a Q on the turn? 3betting and folding to a cap seems really weird to me...
Old 09-08-2005, 07:27 AM

Don't fold the flop here for anything! Pump this pot, you are best a majority of the time.