Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2005, 05:38 PM

Default Re: 77 with position against a TAG.

The other thing I'm thinking of, though, is that you give the BB excellent odds to come cause trouble with a hand that is difficult to read--though you still have pretty good relative position on him.

This strategy is still a bit vulnerable a tricky Button player. A delayed raise of a hand like A8s or an overpair like 99-JJ can be kinda painful.

I'm persuaded, though, that this play isn't as bad as some people are saying it is.
Old 11-16-2005, 06:46 PM

there r only 2 ways 2 play this hand FOLD or 3 BET,period.if it is a calling station who raised or a player u know only raises w top pairs and wont raise w even big slick then its an easy fold.however,if its an aggressive player like myself then 3 bet.Why?A)isolate B)get info preflop on the other players behind u(I.E.if some one caps it ur most likly against a higher pocket pair so u know 2 muck ur hand on the flop if u dont spike a 7 or C)to take control of the hand from the original raiser he or she may fear u have big slick if an A or K hyit5s the flop and they have pocket 88 thru qq or they may have big slick and they miss the flop. an example from real life. im playing at the taj in atlantic city i have pocket 88 in utg2 utg raises and i 3 bet(raiser wasnt a calling station)all fold and utg calls.flop comes A K x utg bets and i RAISE!!!utg mucks face up showing pocket qq and says "nice hand"i muck face down and scoop up the pot! this is an extreme example of why its always important 2 take control of the hand.and keep ur kids i got enough brats already thank u.
Old 11-29-2005, 09:57 PM

Good grief. Are you posting from your cell phone?

Try to use some spacing or capitals or something.
Old 11-29-2005, 10:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]

- I don't really mind the callers behind with a middle pair that can play well on a lot of flops and is great for set value in a crowd.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess this would be the part I disagree with. 77 doens't play well on that many flops. And how do you expect to "get a crowd for set value" when the previous 5 people have folded?