Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2005, 11:19 AM

Default I can\'t believe Hachem was almost the bubble boy!

Joe Hachem was all in with a pair of 3's vs AK and if he lost he was the bubble boy. Does anyone know if he was all in pre flop or went all in after the flop? They just showed the flop and their hands. I can't believe he survived that and went on to win.
Old 11-02-2005, 11:36 AM

Default Re: I can\'t believe Hachem was almost the bubble boy!

Matusow was almost the bubble boy too and came to the final table with a similar chip stack to hachems

It should be no suprise that the mid range stacks that are aggressive on the bubble make final tables.
Old 11-02-2005, 11:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Matusow was almost the bubble boy too and came to the final table with a similar chip stack to hachems

It should be no suprise that the mid range stacks that are aggressive on the bubble make final tables.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh yeah I meant to say that! Too bad he didn't go out. I have no need for him.
Old 11-02-2005, 04:54 PM

Are you 100% sure of that action? If he saw the flop for 3xBB, flops a set, any good player moves in there, he just got called by a big hand too. I STRONGLY doubt a lot of money went in pre-flop there.
Old 11-02-2005, 05:12 PM

While they never say for sure, they seemed to infer that he had flopped the set and the money went all in on the flop not preflop.

What is kind of funny is that he celebrates when his set fills up on the turn with an 8 on board of A83 8, then he realizes that the board pairing was terrible for his hand and says "No A no 8!"
Old 11-03-2005, 01:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
While they never say for sure, they seemed to infer that he had flopped the set and the money went all in on the flop not preflop.

What is kind of funny is that he celebrates when his set fills up on the turn with an 8 on board of A83 8, then he realizes that the board pairing was terrible for his hand and says "No A no 8!"

[/ QUOTE ]

Didn't the guy have TPTK + flush draw? AKd on a A83 board with 2 diamonds? That would explain getting excited when the board paired maybe.