Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-09-2005, 11:38 PM

Default Re: The day the music died?

[ QUOTE ]
so did anybody ever find out if switchbacktoparty.com is a scam?

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't find out but there is approximately a 0% chance I'm giving any information to them.
Old 10-10-2005, 01:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If El diablo says it's true, it's dogma.
Old 10-10-2005, 01:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If El diablo says it's true, it's dogma.

[/ QUOTE ]

vince lepore vouched for them. im not making it that up either.
Old 10-10-2005, 03:20 AM

I go out of town for the weekend and come home to see 2k people logged onto eurobet [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 10-10-2005, 03:43 AM

Let's see. An overnight massive reduction in the number of pros on Party. How can this not be more +EV than whatever you lose from rakeback?

I hate the company as much as anyone else here, but I'll gladly give up my rakeback for an increase in the fish percentage.

If this is seriously a deal breaker, go sign up on Hollywood Poker through Bonus Whores. You'll get 1000% signup bonus with a year to clear it, and it clears in $50 increments. It amounts to something like 28% rakeback.
Old 10-10-2005, 05:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Let's see. An overnight massive reduction in the number of pros on Party. How can this not be more +EV than whatever you lose from rakeback?

I hate the company as much as anyone else here, but I'll gladly give up my rakeback for an increase in the fish percentage.

If this is seriously a deal breaker, go sign up on Hollywood Poker through Bonus Whores. You'll get 1000% signup bonus with a year to clear it, and it clears in $50 increments. It amounts to something like 28% rakeback.

[/ QUOTE ]

Atticus, I don't understand your line of reasoning along with others who share the same reasoning as you.

How do you reckon that there will be an increase in fish while the better players will for some reason leave? The players who were good on eurobet/empire will also migrate to party to play where the fish are. These good players won't simply "disappear." Even if these players do "disappear," where will the increase in fish come from? Has this new policy that Party Poker has implemented made any steps to draw a significant increase of fish in?

The bottom line is all this means (provided that we can't get rakeback from party poker but inner circles are saying we can) is that the player pools will be decrease a bit because the previous skins won't contribute to the player pool, and that there won't be rake back.
Old 10-10-2005, 06:00 AM

Since Party upped the amount of tables you can play, there won't really be a decline in the # of pro's, unless some other site that offers rakeback can suddenly offer the aesthetics and enormous supply of dead money that party can, i don't see this affecting many people. Especially since it's a day in and already theres reports of rakeback everywhere (ZJ's, NegateTheRake etc etc).

If people wait a week it'll be pretty much the same thign it was before.
Old 10-10-2005, 09:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
How do you reckon that there will be an increase in fish while the better players will for some reason leave? The players who were good on eurobet/empire will also migrate to party to play where the fish are. These good players won't simply "disappear." Even if these players do "disappear," where will the increase in fish come from?

[/ QUOTE ]There won't be more fish, but fish will make up an even plarger percentage of the player pool.
Old 10-10-2005, 09:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The tone of your response feels like you are intent in getting into some sort of flaming war.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why the hell would I want to get into a flaming war with you? You are for the most part mild mannered, respectful of others, have been here for a while, and most of all, are not Daliman.

[ QUOTE ]
Online BJ has already been around, as well as sportsbetting. So, to the part time gamblers (poker, BJ or other), they've always had to leave party and go elsewhere.

[/ QUOTE ]

Party is pulling EV out of our pockets, and is making it very easy to do. While I like the idea of getting a bunch of degenerate gamblers onto the sight, this really does nothing for me until I start to focus more on cash games.

[ QUOTE ]
Most of the chicken littles, and those who are responding with negative tones over this topic are mostly college kids. Over and over, I see a lot of negativity from the college kid population. Perhaps you guys can take some solace from those who are taking this event with a different perspective.

[/ QUOTE ]

Being a chicken little does no good. The games are still there and they still will be profitable (just not as profitable as before.) I am just taking a realistic view of the situation. It is going to take a massive influx of blackjack players with horrible poker skills to make up for the increased rake I will be paying. Just to give you a few numbers....last evening there were 32.6k players on party. This is a drop of almost 30k from last sunday night. While I know that the smoke is still clearing, I just can't see how you are going to get all of those back. I'm not sure what the future holds, but I do know that most of the players have been slightly affected by the events of saturday night (think of it like rising gas prices.)

ps. I'm a ripe 25, so I'm technically not a college kid anymore [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 10-10-2005, 10:08 AM

I saw 55k on at Party last night, about 1am UK time?