Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-01-2005, 12:41 PM

Default KK on a AA8 flop

I am playing live at an 8 person 3/6 table with a kill and the kill is on by the button. I am in the SB with K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

1 fold, 2 limps, 2 folds, 1 limp HERO RAISES, All call including button who is the kill.

6 to the flop.

FLOP
A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

HERO BETS I get two callers.

3 players see the turn.
Turn: T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

HERO CHECKS, both others check.

River: T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

HERO Bets.

I am wondering about my lack of a bet on the turn. I had 2 others in the hand and I didn't shake them of on the flop that included 2 aces and me being the preflop aggressor. I put at least one of them on a mid/low Ace, I felt that I was not going to be able to shake them off their ace and that this was going to showdown. I thought that i was either Way ahead, or way behind

The River (?) I felt I might be good when there was no action on the Turn and these guys would call down with worse hands.

Comments please
Old 10-01-2005, 01:14 PM

Default Re: KK on a AA8 flop

If these guys are bad enough that you're betting that river you should be betting that turn also.
Old 10-01-2005, 01:21 PM

You don't list any reads but bet/fold the turn if they are straitforward
Old 10-01-2005, 01:47 PM

i think you got to bet the turn. people will call on the flop with anything at 3/6. maybe if you get raised on the turn, call and check the river and be ready to fold if you don't get one of your 4 possible outs (the kings and the aces--another ace of course makes it possible but unlikely that they are all out) . but then you get into being tied to the pot since it is raised, so of course it is hard to fold to one bet.

real crap situation.

how was my analysis everyone? first time i've ever done this...
Old 10-01-2005, 01:56 PM

You think they're both calling with 8s here? How donktastic is this table if you think you can possibly bet for value with two callers on a board like that?

Check/fold. Your read has to be either exceptional or you've just talked yourself into losing money in the long term, river bet is clearly -EV.
Old 10-01-2005, 02:02 PM

Put me down for a turn bet.
Old 10-01-2005, 02:42 PM

If I bet the turn, and am called, what is my line on the river?

LLL
Old 10-01-2005, 02:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If I bet the turn, and am called, what is my line on the river?

LLL

[/ QUOTE ]
I'd bet again UI and fold to a raise because people usually raise with three Aces and if they're just calling they must want to see a showdown with whatever pair they've got.
Old 10-01-2005, 03:51 PM

i'd say it is pretty donktastic. if they are going to all check the turn, they either have to be exceptionally sly with an ace or sitting on a moderate pair (QQ, JJ, 99, smaller maybe? called 2 bets pre flop) i don't give any of these people credit for being excep. sly. nobody shows any aggression coming into the river, and while that is not known while we discuss a turn bet, our hero is representing KK, QQ, or AK by the pre flop raise and the look of the board post flop, so it might be worth a shot to try to push out smaller wired pairs. however, i will admit that people at 3/6 will cold call with any ace sometimes, but in retrospect they would at least bet the turn after our hero checked it if they had one, regardless of their kicker.

even if it is a semi bluff, i still think leading out with a bet is appropriate in this raised pot.
Old 10-01-2005, 03:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Put me down for a turn bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

In a heads-up pot I might be more tempted to play this cagily, as I don't want to be put in a position of having to fold this hand. In a multiway pot you are less likely to get a weird move made on you, so betting the turn and probably folding to a raise is pretty safe.