Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Best?Favorite Michael Jackson song
Billy Jean 33 35.11%
Smooth Criminal 14 14.89%
Beat it 10 10.64%
Thriller 12 12.77%
Bad 0 0%
Other 17 18.09%
None/Don't like any of it 8 8.51%
Voters: 94. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-24-2005, 11:40 AM

Default Re: Should BK hire Tommy Angelo?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
the price of tommy's services for you are likely to be 5k*(1-.4) or 3k. cost includes lost $ from playing etc. + price.

may be worth it if you want to play live more.

Barron

[/ QUOTE ]
Do you have the ability to post anymore without including some sort of equation and/or function? It seems like you can't even say "fold" anymore... it has to be: "EV(playing hand | action thus far) < 0.0"

[/ QUOTE ]

Pr(joey being annoyed at this post | previous post)=1
-Barron
Old 10-24-2005, 11:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Do you have the ability to post anymore without including some sort of equation and/or function? It seems like you can't even say "fold" anymore... it has to be: "EV(playing hand | action thus far) < 0.0"

[/ QUOTE ]

Pr(joey being annoyed at this post | previous post)=1
-Barron

[/ QUOTE ]
That was the perfect response. I was hoping you would go this route. OK, I am back to laughing again today [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

-joey
Old 10-24-2005, 12:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Who makes more $$ playing poker? You I'm sure. You don't take business advice from people who are less successful than yourself.. common sense... You should charge him if you had a trade...

[/ QUOTE ]

this is just stupid. im repeating everyone else, but whatever. look at arod. he has tons of coaches, as well as an intense sports pyschology team. most people credit that for helping him adjust to new york and becoming the mvp this year. as for CEOs, a big part of the reason CEOs get to where they are is because they know how to delegate. they know what they are good at and what they cant do, and assign responsibility according to that.
Old 10-24-2005, 12:14 PM

"If TA could make a killing online that is what he would be doing."

It's amazing how people seem to know, as if my magic, what another person is doing; also amazing that they seem to know what they would be doing.
Old 10-24-2005, 12:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If TA could make a killing online that is what he would be doing.

[/ QUOTE ]

As usual, Andy is dead-on with his response to this. To make assumptions about what Tommy is or isn't doing, or what he might want to do, is completely retarded. I also feel sorry for you if you think that making a killing at online poker is the life that everyone should strive for.
Old 10-24-2005, 12:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
BK, i think this would be 5k very well spent.

[/ QUOTE ]
I assumed this issue had been resolved one way or the other by now, but FWIW I couldn't agree more. I have been getting coached by Tommy just over the phone and can't believe that he wouldn't be extremely helpful for you. It's not like he just teaches you when to raise the turn. The guy is a genius.

[/ QUOTE ]

Could you give us some examples of why you say he's a genius? He seems to have a talent for poetic writing. Maybe he should be declared 2+2's Poet Naureate. But in terms of becoming a better player, I've not been overly impressed with anything he's written here so far.

[/ QUOTE ]
I understand that you are not impressed with his posts on this site. Many people are not. I personally find them entertaining, but more importantly I thought they displayed the type of thinking that I needed in a coach. His whole approach is to play tilt-free and in that way I really think he is a genius. It is easy to say that BK or other high stakes players obviously don't tilt because if they did they couldn't beat the high limit games that they do. But this is almost certainly not the case. Sure, he probably doesn't go on complete monkey tilt and blow through bankrolls but he almost certainly makes plays at times which he knows not to be the optimal play for whatever reason. Tommy provides a unique perspective on poker and life and I think BK (and anyone else) would find it interesting and profitable to hear it.
Old 10-24-2005, 12:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
As a matter of fact I've dropped 200bb in the last 24 hours mostly at 50/100 and 100/200 and I'm still upbeat about poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

ENJOY!.
Old 10-24-2005, 01:18 PM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
the price of tommy's services for you are likely to be 5k*(1-.4) or 3k. cost includes lost $ from playing etc. + price.

may be worth it if you want to play live more.

Barron

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, I wish people would stop providing reasoning to back up their opinions. the best posts clearly include one word
Old 10-24-2005, 01:20 PM

I do not know tommy angelo personally, but if you can afford the fee, I see no reason why you shouldnt do it. The learning process for this game never ends, and I believe you will get something out of consulting with him. If I could afford the fee, I would surely call him up even though I dont know him.
Old 10-24-2005, 01:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
BK, i think this would be 5k very well spent.

[/ QUOTE ]
I assumed this issue had been resolved one way or the other by now, but FWIW I couldn't agree more. I have been getting coached by Tommy just over the phone and can't believe that he wouldn't be extremely helpful for you. It's not like he just teaches you when to raise the turn. The guy is a genius.

[/ QUOTE ]

Could you give us some examples of why you say he's a genius? He seems to have a talent for poetic writing. Maybe he should be declared 2+2's Poet Naureate. But in terms of becoming a better player, I've not been overly impressed with anything he's written here so far.

[/ QUOTE ]
I understand that you are not impressed with his posts on this site. Many people are not. I personally find them entertaining, but more importantly I thought they displayed the type of thinking that I needed in a coach. His whole approach is to play tilt-free and in that way I really think he is a genius. It is easy to say that BK or other high stakes players obviously don't tilt because if they did they couldn't beat the high limit games that they do. But this is almost certainly not the case. Sure, he probably doesn't go on complete monkey tilt and blow through bankrolls but he almost certainly makes plays at times which he knows not to be the optimal play for whatever reason. Tommy provides a unique perspective on poker and life and I think BK (and anyone else) would find it interesting and profitable to hear it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I may understand what you mean. There are times when I'm playing and I think I'm playing fine. But there are other times when I'm in the 'zone' and I realize that those other times I was actually playing quite below my potential and don't really realize it. If Tommy could get me to be in the 'zone' close to all the time, that would be worth $5K in a week.