Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-24-2005, 04:06 PM

Default Wynn $3 Chips on the NL?!?!

Many of you already know I am a dealer, and once in a while I will go and check out some of the other rooms in the city... I went to Wynn for what I thought was going to be $1-2nl... To my surprise, it is now a $1-3nl game. That wasn't a problem for me so much as the $3 chips being used? That had to be the most annoying session ever of low limit-no limit. Several players at my table just seemed downright confused with the $3 chips. I wasn't so much confused with the chips as I was for managements decision to change the game to this format. Seems to cause more confusion than its worth...
Old 07-24-2005, 04:28 PM

Default Re: Wynn $3 Chips on the NL?!?!

What's the max buy-in? This might be a good game for low limit NL players assuming The Wynn stopped spreading 1/2 NL. I don't see a problem with $3 chips maybe they will spread 6/12 and 9/18 with $3 chips [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-24-2005, 04:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Several players at my table just seemed downright confused with the $3 chips.

[/ QUOTE ]

Was there last week, saw the same thing. Instead of multiplying by 3, the people at the table just started announcing their raises in the number of chips that they put out. 5 chips, 4 chips, etc.

It was definitely +EV, for me.
Old 07-24-2005, 05:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Instead of multiplying by 3, the people at the table just started announcing their raises in the number of chips that they put out. 5 chips, 4 chips, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

hahahahahahaha
Old 07-24-2005, 06:12 PM

So this one time, I'm playing the Foxwoods 5-5 NL, and this one total clown is running lucky, and every time he wins a pot he either colors up from the dealer or (when others complain enough) sits out a couple hands and colors up at the cage. So he's sitting there with like $3K, mostly in higher-demination chips. And when he bets and raises, he seems to only care how *many* chips he's betting, and he starts with his lowest-deminination chips.

It was hilarious, just watching him grab a few chips and throw them out there. Made for some bizarre under- and overbets.

Sorry for the off-topicness, but I've been wanting to share this story.
Old 07-24-2005, 09:13 PM

What made it so hard for these players? The $3 chip would seem to move this game right along.
Old 07-24-2005, 09:55 PM

They changed it about 2 weeks ago to get the $3 chips that they bought from the beginning into circulation. People are just so stupid and don't understand basic math so it sometimes slows the game down.

The best part is when people say "I bet 20" on the river into a huge pot, when they mean 20 chips. If they don't announce chips or units at the end of their sentence than the player can call $20 if he wants.

What is 20 * 3 anyway? It's some number I can't even imagine.
Old 07-24-2005, 10:50 PM

I played there the first night they moved to these chips. There was a lot of confusion by the players and dealers. People don't find it easy to multiply by 3 under pressure.

Regards,

T
Old 07-24-2005, 10:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What's the max buy-in? This might be a good game for low limit NL players assuming

[/ QUOTE ]

Wynn NL is always a NO Max buy in game.
Old 07-24-2005, 11:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wynn NL is always a NO Max buy in game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Photoc, now that you say that I remember reading about the no cap when The Wynn first opened.

To anybody that plays at The Wynn: What do people usually buy-in for at this type of game? I am assuming most people buy-in for $100-200 and don't go crazy high.

I think I'll be in Vegas in November and I'd like to check out the action at The Wynn.