Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-2005, 04:30 PM

Default 88: Dumb and Dumber

BB is 35/22/2.8 and generally bad/overaggro in the wrong spots
UTG is 72/30/1.7 and pretty spastic postflop, will occasionally make hopeless bluffs

Absolute Poker 5/10 Hold'em (4 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, Button calls, Hero completes, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG calls, Button calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB folds, UTG calls.

Turn: (8 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls.

River: (10 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 12 BB
Old 10-23-2005, 05:09 PM

Default Re: 88: Dumb and Dumber

I assume you didn't raise preflop because you want BB in the hand, and you don't like playing these oop? I think I still raise.

The flop and river are interesting. I didn't at first, but after further review, I like how you played them. I think they are very close though, and theres a few different lines you could take that wouldnt lose much, if any ev.
Old 10-23-2005, 05:20 PM

I raise preflop. The flop is good, the river is a little tricky. Against a crazy spas, I think he bets this river a lot when checked to, probably with a lot of hands he would fold if bet into.
Old 10-23-2005, 05:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I assume you didn't raise preflop because you want BB in the hand, and you don't like playing these oop? I think I still raise.

The flop and river are interesting. I didn't at first, but after further review, I like how you played them. I think they are very close though, and theres a few different lines you could take that wouldnt lose much, if any ev.

[/ QUOTE ]

99 is usually my cutoff for raising pairs OOP vs multiple limpers. Maybe i'm playing them too softly?
Old 10-23-2005, 05:31 PM

With a 70/30 limping in, standards change. You are up against an almost gauranteed trash hand, (except for the times he's "slowplaying" his AA) and BB has some chance of folding. I don't think your read on the MP overlimper matters much in this situation.
Old 10-23-2005, 05:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

99 is usually my cutoff for raising pairs OOP vs multiple limpers. Maybe i'm playing them too softly?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's marginal either way in position, and here you don't have it and likely BB is going to call a raise. I just complete.
Old 10-23-2005, 08:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I raise preflop. The flop is good, the river is a little tricky. Against a crazy spas, I think he bets this river a lot when checked to, probably with a lot of hands he would fold if bet into.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I thought there was a lot more value in checking than betting.