Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-13-2005, 06:43 PM

Default Props and check-raising

I was dealing in a 4-8 game the other day with 2 props. One of the props check-raised the flop and led out to the river with a set against a "nitty" player. Aftr the hand was over the nit player absolutly LIT into the prop for check-raising and told him he'd never tip him again when he dealt. The prop replied that he was only playing his hand and it was nothing personal. The prop literarly had to get up and walk from the table to avoid confrontation from the player. Now my view is the room needs props. Props help the players and the room start games and hold short games together. It's hard enough to get good props to play knowing they're giving up a "X" amount of money they could make dealing. Taking away the ability to check-raise from a prop is like taking away the pass rush in football. It's hard enough to beat a low limit game like 4-8. Check-raise is PART OF THE GAME. The nit player that got mad in my opinion was way out of line by getting upset with the prop. I personaly would never support a rule not allowing a prop to check-raise.