Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-09-2005, 05:46 PM

Default Re: AA cannot win....

[ QUOTE ]
It depends. If you care that you're a dollar poorer, that's pretty sad. If it's just because you're losing, nothing wrong with being concerned about your game no matter what level you play. I play $4-$8 live and I still treat online .5/1 like it's life or death.

About what you can do differently: Do you know how to protect your hand postflop? That is, do you undertstand why you should consider not leading a T95 rainbow flop from the BB in a 14-bet pot even if you were the aggressor preflop? Or why you should consider waiting until the turn to raise from late position if the pot is 25 BB on the same board? You may be allowing your opponents to draw out in spots.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, the dollar itself doesn't concern me, i simply dont like losing to people that I know i can beat. (see, they're getting to me, putting me on tilt lol) The thing you said about not leading even though you were the aggresor pf rings true, I've started to realize that it will not bet people out, so I gotta suck up the .50 cent to a dollar loss and fold.
Old 09-09-2005, 06:10 PM

you need to realize that every time someone makes a mistake, you gain. For example, when you have AA, you want to get every dollar in the pot when you're ahead, with a few exceptions.

Another point, there is a ton of variance in poker, you could be the best player in the world and never have a winning session. This may account for some of your losses.

Also, when you're in these slumps, just concentrate on playing solid correct poker and improving your game and dont worry about the individual winning and losing sessions.

What you may be doing, is paying off too much when your hand is no good. So if you're automatically taking this hand to the river, look at some of those hands and try to see if you didnt have to lose as much as you did when your hand wasnt best.
Old 09-09-2005, 11:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
But I started playing a few days ago at .25/.5 and i CANNOT get people to stop winning with hands like 59o.

[/ QUOTE ]
If the current day begins with an M,T or W, limp with AA from early position and raise with it in late position. Otherwise raise it EP...

My real point is that you shouldn't just jam the crap out of AA just because it is the very best hand pre-flop and expect to win (all the time). The flop colors the whole hand. Once you see the flop and everyone's reaction, you'll know if your A's are the right crayons to finish the coloring.

AA is just another pocket pair. It has the same vulnerabilities as all pocket pairs. It just happens to be the best of pocket pairs.

If you really want to get deeper satisfaction out of your AA holdings, play no-limit.
Old 09-10-2005, 03:54 PM

That's not what I meant.

Let's say you have AA, you raise preflop, and got four callers including the blinds. The flop comes T93. Donk in mid position has 67o, giving him a gutshot.

If you bet, and two other people call, the pot is going to be over 12 bets, which is plenty for the calling station to put in another bet hoping to catch. Letting him play correctly is bad. But now let's say you check, knowing that often someone in late position will bet if you do this. Now, you check-raise. Now, facing two bets cold, people will only be getting 5-to-1 immediate odds, which is not enough for a hand like KTo or 67s to call you. Will they call anyway? Probably. But ultimately those wins won't come often enough to justify their calls, which means they lose money in the long run. Guess where that money is going?
Old 09-10-2005, 06:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
AA is just another pocket pair. It has the same vulnerabilities as all pocket pairs.

[/ QUOTE ]

...minus the ability for overcards to hit the flop that will give your opponent a better pair.
Old 09-10-2005, 07:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The obvious solution is to fold AA preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-11-2005, 09:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]

- Eventually, you will not be as ignorant as you are, provided that you seek out information and keep an open mind.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So when will this be true for you, Snowball?

[/ QUOTE ]

The day I stop making bad beat posts. Oh wait, I've never made a bad beat post.

::Sound of Nash_Clown getting blown up::

gg
Old 09-11-2005, 10:57 PM

Only continue with AA if you flop a set, and then you can take down a $4.25 pot! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 09-11-2005, 11:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Only continue with AA if you flop a set, and then you can take down a $4.25 pot!

[/ QUOTE ]

This is obviously incorrect. What happens when a straight flush card comes off on fourth street or the river? Then you have to fold. Why not wait until all the cards are out before you put your money in?
Old 09-12-2005, 12:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Only continue with AA if you flop a set, and then you can take down a $4.25 pot!

[/ QUOTE ]

This is obviously incorrect. What happens when a straight flush card comes off on fourth street or the river? Then you have to fold. Why not wait until all the cards are out before you put your money in?

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't believe this post is bieng taken so seriously..

Listen up AA is a 2:1 fave over 72o in a heads- up battle. Now think of this in terms of a family pot.

Anyway.....

Forget it.