Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-08-2004, 12:23 PM

Default Re: Post to Sklanksy: Can we clean up this forum please? *PETITION*

[ QUOTE ]
I mostly agree with you, but remember this ISN'T a public forum.

It's a privately owned forum. You don't have the right to anything but what they give you here.

Users are banned often.

[/ QUOTE ]

But they're not.

There's no compelling reason not to ban Desdia72. I don't support banning somebody just because they're an idiot, but when somebody makes the same argument over and over again with no attempt to listen to the other side, they're just trolling.

The forums, especially this one, need much better moderation. Frankly- I think the standards for who gets banned are bizzare. That Jay, who's a very valuable poster got banned for some stupid nonsense with his location, and any number of the trolls in this forum weren't (and yeah, it's nice that Jay was let back in, but it never should have happened in the first place).
Old 12-08-2004, 12:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
But they're not

[/ QUOTE ]

Users do get banned, just maybe not the ones some would like to see gone. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Good post though.

I'm still not sure I understand the big fuss over the WPT forum. In my few months posting here, it's always been the largest collection of trolls and overall worthless threads. But part of the reason for that is the nature of the subject matter (read: TV) :shrug:
Old 12-08-2004, 12:39 PM

The main point is that it wasn't always like this. The profileration of 2+2's website information from the back of sklansky books and articles etc. has really changed the dynamic of the site.

Instead of being a forum for people who are (generally) serious about gambling and want to play well, it is now seemingly led by a vocal group of idiot trolls who are really more interested in stirring up controversy than discussing anything useful. You can just see the lack of good taste, education (or attention to grammar one or the other), and pure common sense just oozing from every post they make.
Old 12-08-2004, 12:40 PM

//This is a reply to the OP, not whoever it says above, I just merely clicked the last reply button.

This has already been answered by the mods, they said that everyone can take care of theirselves and they haven't seen anyone in violation of the forum rules.

If you go about not permitting newbies like myself from certain discussions and what not, then you are killing the whole point of this forum, that is more skilled players sharing their knowledge with the lesser skilled.

I see your point in that some of the discussion topics have been degraded, however, this is not the answer to solve them.
Old 12-08-2004, 12:45 PM

I completely agree, which is why I stick to the other forums most of the time. This is the most I have posted here in a month or so.

Of course, the tolls aren't limited to this forum alone, but I still think the subject matter is what makes this forum worse than the others.
Old 12-08-2004, 12:54 PM

What you say in your post is true, but it's important to realize that the OP was not talking about newbies or slightly controversial threads. He was talking about the people who are out to be rude and cause problems just for the sake of causing problems.

People have been banned for behaving like trolls many times. I have seen it twice in the last two weeks.

Still, I don't see any trolling being done by Zaxx. He is just a person most of us disagree with, and that's fine. Desdia might be another story, as the way Desdia acts is very close to trolling.

But overall, I agree with you. I'm not at all in favor of people being banned left and right just for having questionable opinions.
Old 12-08-2004, 01:10 PM

I didn't make myself clear or I misunderstood the OP, trolling should be banned, I completely agree. I guess I felt he was trying to segregate the forum for those who have "been around a while."
Old 12-08-2004, 01:18 PM

Actually, that's my fault. I forgot exactly what was being suggested in the orignial post. You are correct.

I was actually talking about Wayfare's comments in my reply to you... sorry. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-08-2004, 10:07 PM

Default *desdia shakes his head*

[ QUOTE ]
is it possible that this forum can have a set of guidelines or post restrictions that only allow members with a minimum number of posts, or a selected group of people access? how about only a select few can create posts? the WPT forum has gotten so cluttered with garbage there never seems to be any valuable content anymore. i would have no problem not being able to post in this forum as long as i would be able to read posts by players who are playing on a WPT level. is it possible to seperate this forum into 2 categories? one for tournament experiences and strategy, and another one for the masses to make posts about the random gossip? i cant speak for the high stakes players, but it appears that the masses of jibberjabbers have deterred posts from players such as Raymer, Phillips, Duke and a few others. How is Raymer supposed to contribute to the forums when his responses are followed by either glorius praise or envious slander? if anyone else agrees with me then please say "I".

[/ QUOTE ]

this is crazy.

When Greg called me Desmond Diarrhea or a moron, who had a problem with that? who came to my defense on that? nobody, but did i go crying about forum reform? no.

when all of these people started calling me and zaxx trolls and idiots for speaking our minds and voicing our opinions, who stepped up and said, "that's a no-no"? was it Mat? how about David or Mason? did any of them come to our defense and say, "you can't call them that?" NO!

everyday, i come across some smart alleck remark or insult that one poster has said to another. i get them hurled at me all the time. if i author a legitimate thread with a legitimate question and get guys coming in one after the other with something smart to stay, how do you think i feel?

if the aim is respectful content and on task, then everybody has to abide by that. nobody said anything about Greg's name calling toward me when i've never said a bad word about him but i catch The Wrath Of Khan for committing the cardinal sin of not knowing the proper definition of "dominated hands". give me a freaking break. if that's not elitist favoriticism and bias, then i don't know what is.

then you "sensitives" wanna argue about trolls like me and zaxx driving all the good posters like Greg, Paul P, and Annie Duke away. where were you "sensitives" with your picket signs when Paul Phillips, of all people, said he would like to see Greg Raymer B#TcH slap me? nobody stepped up and said nothing. i did'nt see any bras being burned when Myrtle tried to diss me and zaxx with the diapers and Gerber remark. but as soon as i give him [Myrtle] a taste of his own medicine, even zaxx says "imflammatory" and "over the top". yet no one catches the first punch or volley of gunfire.

people say foul things to me in these forums all the time and their comments go unchecked. as long as Desdia is getting flamed, it's all good..."let's all join in the fun". do i go running to Mat or David saying, "these bullies are hurting my feelings with the name calling?" NO!
anytime somebody got it from me, they gave it first. oh, and i might add, i still have'nt dissed or sonned everybody's favorite, can-do-no-wrong, world champion even after he felt good and justified in disrespecting me.
Old 12-08-2004, 10:34 PM

Default Re: *desdia shakes his head*

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
is it possible that this forum can have a set of guidelines or post restrictions that only allow members with a minimum number of posts, or a selected group of people access? how about only a select few can create posts? the WPT forum has gotten so cluttered with garbage there never seems to be any valuable content anymore. i would have no problem not being able to post in this forum as long as i would be able to read posts by players who are playing on a WPT level. is it possible to seperate this forum into 2 categories? one for tournament experiences and strategy, and another one for the masses to make posts about the random gossip? i cant speak for the high stakes players, but it appears that the masses of jibberjabbers have deterred posts from players such as Raymer, Phillips, Duke and a few others. How is Raymer supposed to contribute to the forums when his responses are followed by either glorius praise or envious slander? if anyone else agrees with me then please say "I".

[/ QUOTE ]

this is crazy.

When Greg called me Desmond Diarrhea or a moron, who had a problem with that? who came to my defense on that? nobody, but did i go crying about forum reform? no.

when all of these people started calling me and zaxx trolls and idiots for speaking our minds and voicing our opinions, who stepped up and said, "that's a no-no"? was it Mat? how about David or Mason? did any of them come to our defense and say, "you can't call them that?" NO!

everyday, i come across some smart alleck remark or insult that one poster has said to another. i get them hurled at me all the time. if i author a legitimate thread with a legitimate question and get guys coming in one after the other with something smart to stay, how do you think i feel?

if the aim is respectful content and on task, then everybody has to abide by that. nobody said anything about Greg's name calling toward me when i've never said a bad word about him but i catch The Wrath Of Khan for committing the cardinal sin of not knowing the proper definition of "dominated hands". give me a freaking break. if that's not elitist favoriticism and bias, then i don't know what is.

then you "sensitives" wanna argue about trolls like me and zaxx driving all the good posters like Greg, Paul P, and Annie Duke away. where were you "sensitives" with your picket signs when Paul Phillips, of all people, said he would like to see Greg Raymer B#TcH slap me? nobody stepped up and said nothing. i did'nt see any bras being burned when Myrtle tried to diss me and zaxx with the diapers and Gerber remark. but as soon as i give him [Myrtle] a taste of his own medicine, even zaxx says "imflammatory" and "over the top". yet no one catches the first punch or volley of gunfire.

people say foul things to me in these forums all the time and their comments go unchecked. as long as Desdia is getting flamed, it's all good..."let's all join in the fun". do i go running to Mat or David saying, "these bullies are hurting my feelings with the name calling?" NO!
anytime somebody got it from me, they gave it first. oh, and i might add, i still have'nt dissed or sonned everybody's favorite, can-do-no-wrong, world champion even after he felt good and justified in disrespecting me.

[/ QUOTE ]

likely. just as i thought.