Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-07-2004, 11:43 AM

Default Re: More content control on the WPT forum needed!

I read their posts in the vain hope they have grown a brain since the last time they posted...

Uncontrolled trolling on internet forums can be a really dangerous phenomenon. It seems that since every "0mG F0$$1LMan Sux0rs" post gets 20,000 views and constantly bumped by idiots, they do more harm than good to the forum. People are encouraged to say outrageous things just to get a rise out of people. The fact that they get a rise out of some very good poker players makes it worse. If you drive the good players away with this drivel, the forum dies. I don't know whether that will be the end result, but this particular forum is a breeding ground for rpg-like junk and should be more heavily moderated.

These people crave attention. Let's give it to them by whipping out the ban stick, or at least the time-ban stick. If they aren't breaking the TOS with this junk, then change the TOS to hit them back.
Old 12-07-2004, 11:56 AM

Default Greg, i\'m ashamed at your foul mouth...

[ QUOTE ]
He apparently picked the just-shut-up option. But only with respect to this post. Of course, the truth is he absolutely cannot come up with the 5 hands, because they don't exist. They don't exist on the TV show, and they don't exist even if he could go back in time and see every hand I played.

While it is almost a statistical certainty that I played at least 5 hands that were dominated throughout the event, these were not hands where the pot became significant, and I caught a lucky river card after putting in a lot of money. However, I very much doubt we will ever hear Desmond Diarrhea (or something like that) admit he was wrong.

Later, Greg Raymer (FossilMan)

[ QUOTE ]
Now, this is a good example of your lying nature. Or your stupidity, you tell us.

[ QUOTE ]
i'm not judging his play based on the hands i saw him luck out on in the WSOP ME (i saw at least 5 that were dominated preflop and at least two won on the river).

[/ QUOTE ]

I want you to state EXACTLY what hands these were. I put two bad beats on a player during the entire length of the WSOP. I got lucky to knock out McClain with TT vs. his AA, and lucky again with AT against Mattias' AK. That was it. Every other time I caught a lucky card on somebody, I did it BEFORE most of the money went in, not after. Every big pot I played, the money went in on a coin toss, or the money went in when I was the big favorite. Seriously, you're just pulling this 5-dominated-hands lie out of your a*s, or your memory sucks.

I don't know why you have this vendetta against me, and I don't care. Either name the 5 hands card-for-card and against what opponent, or admit you're wrong, or just shut up.

Later, Greg Raymer (FossilMan)

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

first off, i have a life outside of 2+2, so please forgive me Your Highness for not responding back to you in a timely fashion. it's funny how i have never said a bad word about you nor ever resorted to calling you any kind of negative name, yet for someone who is supposed to be so high exalted and professional...Desmond Diarrhea? c'mon. sure someone who is smart and talented enough to achieve the lofty position of patent attorney can at least come with something more funny and original.

i'll admit, i was wrong about the five dominated hands. no problem. it's been awhile since i saw the final table. i should have used 'coinflips'. however, your memory must be a little shaky too if you're trying to past off to the 2+2 public that it's a statistical certainty that you played at least 5 hands that were dominated throughout the whole tournament. (4) were at the final table alone:

Michael McClain busted with A A against your 10 10
Mattias Andersson busted with A K against your A 10
Josh Arieh busted with 9 9 against your A Q

the fourth was your A K against Al Krux's 6 6 all-in where you caught a King on the turn and Al caught a 6 on the river to stay alive. now although 6 6 is a small favorite over A K (very close to 50/50) it's still dominated. of course i expected you to make that call, but my point was about dominated hands, regardless of whether it's a slight dog or a huge dog.

there were also two more significant close hands in which you were the favorite:

Al's all-in with A 9 v.s. your A Q on a flop with an Ace
Glenn Hughes i think he either had K 10 or K Q against your
5 5.

so i doubt very seriously that you avoided less than 5 dominated hands, whatever the dynamics of the hand or the money involved, throughout the whole tournament. it's very clear you were involved in quite a few lucky situations, which IMHO, had nothing to do with your superior skill and play. out of the nine finalists you busted out (5), not including David when you both had fullhouses.
Old 12-07-2004, 12:07 PM

Default Wayfare, you must really need a hug if you think...

[ QUOTE ]
I read their posts in the vain hope they have grown a brain since the last time they posted...

Uncontrolled trolling on internet forums can be a really dangerous phenomenon. It seems that since every "0mG F0$$1LMan Sux0rs" post gets 20,000 views and constantly bumped by idiots, they do more harm than good to the forum. People are encouraged to say outrageous things just to get a rise out of people. The fact that they get a rise out of some very good poker players makes it worse. If you drive the good players away with this drivel, the forum dies. I don't know whether that will be the end result, but this particular forum is a breeding ground for rpg-like junk and should be more heavily moderated.

These people crave attention. Let's give it to them by whipping out the ban stick, or at least the time-ban stick. If they aren't breaking the TOS with this junk, then change the TOS to hit them back.

[/ QUOTE ]

having an opposing view to what the majority thinks does more harm than good. i bet you creamed in your Fruit Of The Looms when Greg called me Desmond Diarrhea. yet, i've never had to resort to calling him any negative name to get my point across. if you really truely read the content of my posts and get beyond what you see as unfair treatment of 2+2's favorite world champion, you'll see why Mat Sklansky said what he did. i've never insulted Greg at all, yet he's insulted me and i've been insulted by many others (who drew first blood). you only see me and my responses but never check anybody else. it's bias like that to which posters like me and zaxx speak of. we're probably the least reason why 2+2 may have a RGP feel to it.
Old 12-07-2004, 12:15 PM

Default Re: Greg, i\'m ashamed at your foul mouth...

Uh Desdia AK isnt dominated by 66 buddy.
a-10 is dominated by AK
10-10 is crippled by AA
Actually other than the A10 these are all almost autocalls with a stack like Ryamers that late. The AA versus 10-10 perhaps a better read would be possible by a more savvy player(Luske seems to sniff these out pretty well not only on the KK hand where he called the asian guys hand but in other play ive seen him involved in)

Plz dont flame me for suggesting there might be a more savvy player out there in the world at sniffing out big hands preflop lol [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 12-07-2004, 12:16 PM

It's important to read things people say before you respond to them. It helps you to form your own replies.

Desdia:
[ QUOTE ]
so i doubt very seriously that you avoided less than 5 dominated hands

[/ QUOTE ]

But you replied to a post where Greg already had said:
[ QUOTE ]
While it is almost a statistical certainty that I played at least 5 hands that were dominated throughout the event

[/ QUOTE ]

At least bother paying attention to what you are so ineffectively attempting to argue against.
Old 12-07-2004, 12:16 PM

Default Re: Wayfare, you must really need a hug if you think...

despite what you and zaxx believe, the reason this post sucks isnt because you "disagree" with a 2+2 champion. it is because you both are idiots (you moreso than zaxx) and are incapable of the logical thought that you would expect from a poker forum poster. this reflects itself in your posts, and in particular, this thread.
Old 12-07-2004, 12:17 PM

Default Re: GREG RAYMER= OVERATTED ON 2+2??

[ QUOTE ]
Silversurfer did you EVER bother to even read the initial message?? You continually refer to my veiled motivations to bash Raymer and your "lengthy" explanation of said bashings but never once actually quote or refer to the actual post. This is akin to a history scholar asserting the Gettysburgh address(lol ok well my posts are certainly not as well written, as cogent or lucid lol)was actually a thinly veiled attempt to sleight French inaction during the Civil War without actually referring to a manuscript of the speech. Do you believe for one second such a paper would be published in any academic journal of reasonable repute?? Please if you are going to repeatedly make ridiculous claims about a poster or his posts at least take the requisite 40 seconds to read the post, and please try to refer to the post or specific arguements that lie therein in your response. Thank you have a nice day.

[/ QUOTE ]

What are you saying? I didn't reference the posts, so I was making the quotes up? Oh, I'm a liar then. Keen.
I read every post. By the way, if you can read a 15-page thread in 40 seconds I would like to siphon off some of your I.Q. points. Nevermind, that's nitpicking, which I just got done teasing Synth for.

Anywho. Your quotes and posts don't lie. I thought I did an adequate job of showing that you don't like GR; that the tone of this post was disrespectful. You re-read the thread. I am clearly not the only one who saw this, and I am not referring to the Raymer-hangers on who would take offense to your question just because you dared ask it. For the last time - your question wasn't offensive. The way you asked it, coupled with your obvious disrespect for GR in past posts was. Throw in the insults you levelled in this very thread - your apology doesn't change the logic behind my reasoning, either - and it seems pretty clear-cut to me.

I don't see you agreeing, however. C'est la vie. Go put that considerable energy of yours into answering my question in the MTT thread [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-07-2004, 12:23 PM

Default Re: Wayfare, you must really need a hug if you think...

[ QUOTE ]
despite what you and zaxx believe, the reason this post sucks isnt because you "disagree" with a 2+2 champion. it is because you both are idiots (you moreso than zaxx) and are incapable of the logical thought that you would expect from a poker forum poster. this reflects itself in your posts, and in particular, this thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

RGP anyone?
Old 12-07-2004, 12:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's important to read things people say before you respond to them. It helps you to form your own replies.

Desdia:
[ QUOTE ]
so i doubt very seriously that you avoided less than 5 dominated hands

[/ QUOTE ]

But you replied to a post where Greg already had said:
[ QUOTE ]
While it is almost a statistical certainty that I played at least 5 hands that were dominated throughout the event

[/ QUOTE ]

At least bother paying attention to what you are so ineffectively attempting to argue against.

[/ QUOTE ]

*cough* tomato, tomatoe. you can't be serious. did this even warrant such pennyanney reply?
Old 12-07-2004, 12:30 PM

Default Re: GREG RAYMER= OVERATTED ON 2+2??

gamblor, you and slick should take this outside! by outside i mean politics forum of course

I thought it was on-topic re: bias zaxx might have when ranking popular players. No big deal. so stupid.

by the way, how much israeli pride can you feel for this guy? i mean you've read his posts right???

I didn't know zaxx was israeli, and if he is, well, i guess we're entitled to have idiots as much as any other country. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Wait a minute. i have a cousin living in nyc with the family name "Zacks". he's 19 years old.

oh no.

Yoni?