Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-11-2005, 02:37 PM

Default TT - Standard?

Both players were about 27/8/1.5 after 40 hands. Both were decent postflop.

Should I have 3-bet preflop? Was leading the turn correct? What about the river?

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed) pokerhand.org hand converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB calls, Hero calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, SB calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, SB calls.

River: (8.50 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, SB calls.

Final Pot: 11.50 BB
Old 11-11-2005, 02:39 PM

Default Re: TT - Standard?

I three-bet out of the BB with TT pre-flop.

Since you didn't do that, if you can be pretty confident the pre-flop raiser will bet overcards when checked to, I prefer a flop check-raise so you can face MP1 with two cold and protect a very vulnerable hand.

Turn and river are beautiful. Betting is a good thing.
Old 11-11-2005, 02:43 PM

1.) Don't 3-bet this pre-flop, you'll be inflating the pot and making it hard to shut out overcards/draws later in the hand.

2.) Why the donkbet on the flop. This is not how I'd play it. MP2 likes his hand, and if he's prone AT ALL to make a continuation bet with ace high unimproved, you want him to do so, have SB fold (because there isn't much he can draw to here), you raise, MP1 fold, and voila you're heads-up.
3.) If your C/R per #2 above works out, you'll be HU out of position at the turn with 6BB in the pot. Bet any card, and deal with his raise depending on how the board looks. He'll be getting 7:1 once you've bet (actually, a little less due to rake), or just about break-even to draw on you with AK ui. He's really screwed with hands like 77, but unlikely to give it up -- more $$ for you. If he folds overcards, its a coup, if he calls, you'll still win much of the time.

As played, turn and river are fine.

W Deranged... why the PF 3-bet?
Old 11-11-2005, 02:49 PM

I three-bet pre-flop because we definitely have an equity edge any time we aren't up against a bigger overpair (our opponents may have hands which are underpairs to our TT, don't have two overcards, or are sharing lots of outs with each other). I also like to give MP1 the opportunity to fold without even seeing a flop.

The pot is only 4-handed, and our raise may cut it down to three. Our raise would only make the pot 12 SB, which is not to the point of being so massive that we won't be able to protect all the time.

I think calling is probably fine too. My main reason is really that I'd like MP1 to have a chance to fold before seeing any more cards.