Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-03-2005, 09:02 PM

Default Crazy Eights

First guy who went all in has been on tilt for an orbit - tried to isolate - is this okay and if not what does villian have?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (9 handed) converter

UTG ($50.65)
UTG+1 ($41.1)
MP1 ($56.95)
Hero ($49.25)
MP3 ($82.2)
CO ($166.79)
Button ($24.7)
SB ($48.8)
BB ($81.65)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $0.25.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises to $1</font>, Hero calls $1, MP3 calls $1, CO calls $1, Button calls $1, SB (poster) calls $0.75, BB calls $0.50.

Flop: ($7) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(7 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets $0.5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $6</font>, MP3 calls $6, CO folds, Button calls $23.70 (All-In), SB folds, BB folds, MP1 folds, Hero calls $42.25 (All-In), MP3 calls $42.25.

Turn: ($127.70) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players, 2 all-in)</font>

River: ($127.70) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players, 2 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: $127.70
Old 07-03-2005, 10:19 PM

Default Re: Crazy Eights

I am pretty sure I would have made the same call as you in this position, although in the end not sure if we had the best hand. The fact that two people are all in with you makes me think you might be up against a higher set, if not that then definitely villian could have QJ. The river is another scary card considering the posibility of a hand like AQ of clubs as well as AK of clubs may also make this call. I would put mp3 on the draw considering he has the higher stack, I think the button has two pair here, QJ. Hope it worked out.
Old 07-03-2005, 10:24 PM

Looks fine. If someone flopped the straight, had a bigger set, or had a big draw, that's just part of the game. At these stakes, getting all-in vs. 2 players in this situation is definitely +EV.
Old 07-03-2005, 10:51 PM

Last man in had A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and rivered me for the flush - I only went all in to give him the worst odds possible hoping draws would fold. ALternatively, if I call, he calls and then turn bricks - then I push...would this change the outcome?
Old 07-03-2005, 10:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Last man in had A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and rivered me for the flush - I only went all in to give him the worst odds possible hoping draws would fold. ALternatively, if I call, he calls and then turn bricks - then I push...would this change the outcome?

[/ QUOTE ]

It looks like he would be getting the 4:1 he needs on the turn to call on his draw (or close to it). If you think he'd fold there, you could try that but, if the flush hit on the turn, would you really want to have to fold there and not get to see if you boat up on the river? Nobody played their hand particularly badly, here; sometimes you've just got to put it in and gamble. If you're not comfortable putting your money in here, you can't play optimally.

EDIT: If you just call and he overcalls and the flush hits on the turn, you pretty much have to call all-in hoping for a boat on the river. Basically, nobody's going anywhere here.
Old 07-03-2005, 10:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Last man in had A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

You should probably stop playing at a site that deals two 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]