Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-01-2005, 04:27 PM

Default Re: Call the River?

Hi Pat,

The board is 88822. Any kicker with an 8 would play. And no, Commerce does not extend jackpots past 15/30.
Old 07-01-2005, 05:08 PM

Box - I literally want to throw up right now. That was absolutely sick and probably the worst beat I've ever read. My stomach hurts for you, man.
Old 07-01-2005, 07:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why on earth would he toss you 4 chips.

[/ QUOTE ]

People toss sympathy chips more often than you would think. A few weeks ago, I flopped a set of kings in a 6-way preflop-capped pot. SB turned the flush and I didn't catch up (to make a boat, quads, or the second-nut flush, which also would have been good).

After SB showed her 45s for the winner, I slowly opened my kings. She tossed me four chips and said, "Sorry, I had to see the flop with so many people in."

Showing monster hands (when they lose) that were played in such a way that it's painfully obvious that everyone knows what you have is highly positive EV. It costs you absolutely nothing (remember: it's obvious what you have) and you occasionally get a few sympathy chips.
Old 07-01-2005, 07:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Box - I literally want to throw up right now. That was absolutely sick and probably the worst beat I've ever read. My stomach hurts for you, man.

[/ QUOTE ]

Shrug.

Even though the hand ended up being interesting, it's still true that I can fold every time I flop quads and it wouldn't affect my long-term results.

I appreciate the sympathy though. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-04-2005, 02:50 AM

No, for one bet you shouldn't. The prospect of sympathy chips along with the hundreds-to-one shot that your opp will show you 44 makes this a call.
Old 07-04-2005, 02:55 AM

amazing hand. im 100% sure youre beat and i do think it's in order, since youre at commerce after all, to fold it face up, shove the guy to your left really hard, pick your chair up and make a permanent dent in the dealer's face, and then pour a nearby pitcher of scalding hot coffee on the sb's head. and use the 20 minute penalty they give you to get yourself together.
Old 07-04-2005, 03:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
... and then pour a nearby pitcher of scalding hot coffee on the sb's head ...

[/ QUOTE ]

You know, it's funny that you mention this, because when I once played in a $1500 limit tourament at the Commerce, and somebody did exactly that. Is this standard operating procedure at the Commerce? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-04-2005, 04:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
... and then pour a nearby pitcher of scalding hot coffee on the sb's head ...

[/ QUOTE ]

You know, it's funny that you mention this, because when I once played in a $1500 limit tourament at the Commerce, and somebody did exactly that. Is this standard operating procedure at the Commerce? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

yes
Old 07-04-2005, 03:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
amazing hand. im 100% sure youre beat and i do think it's in order, since youre at commerce after all, to fold it face up, shove the guy to your left really hard, pick your chair up and make a permanent dent in the dealer's face, and then pour a nearby pitcher of scalding hot coffee on the sb's head. and use the 20 minute penalty they give you to get yourself together.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hahahahahaha!

I almost never laugh out loud when reading anything at 2+2, but this one had me rolling. Nice, Mike.
Old 07-04-2005, 05:21 PM

this is one time where you should fold. he raise TWO people on the river. you're beat by the stone cold nuts.

-Barron