Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2005, 12:59 AM

Default M of 5.4, UTG+1, A10o, Your move = Fold/Raise/Limp/Push?

Blinds 150/300

Stacks:
SB 2860
BB 4770
UTG (Folded) 5410
Hero UTG+1 2440
UTG+2 3775
MP 2960
Hijack 8275
Cutoff 2635
Button 2700

Table has been rather tight/passive overall, hero had pushed this round on the button and taken the blinds, and had a small confrontation with a button limper when on completed SB with 8/9, button had limped QQ, checked turn, and just called hero on turn when hero bet middle pair/OESD , checked to hero who missed on river and hero checked behind.

Hero is dealt A/10o UTG+1, M of 5.4, blinds going up to 200/400 in 4 minutes. Would you push, limp (with what intention), raise (how much),or fold here?
Old 09-26-2005, 01:04 AM

Default Re: M of 5.4, UTG+1, A10o, Your move = Fold/Raise/Limp/Push?

fold
Old 09-26-2005, 01:05 AM

with 7 people left to act and ATo here, don't sweat this one too much. i doubt there is much difference between pushing and folding. not a very good spot to call for 1/8 of your stack in EP though. AA or KK are probably the only hands i could see making a case for that.

i also think this might be one of those spots where table image and recent hands might not play a huge role in the EV of the push. with tight table obv. you take it down more, but you're usually killed if you get called... and at a loose table you won't take it down very often, but a lot of times you'll be a favorite when you're called. the tight would certainly be better, but it might not be that big a difference.
Old 09-26-2005, 01:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
fold

[/ QUOTE ]

regardless of the table??

do you fold AJo here?

i think this is kind of borderline but AJo i almost always push, and AJs or AQo i don't even think.
Old 09-26-2005, 01:22 AM

definitely not a limp. My gut says fold as you have FE against everyone but the hijack. I think you can definitely find a better spot if the table is tight and passive.
Old 09-26-2005, 01:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
My gut says fold as you have FE against everyone but the hijack. I think you can definitely find a better spot if the table is tight and passive.

[/ QUOTE ]Ummm... I'm pretty sure he'd be happy to take down the pot without a showdown. Therefore having mucho FE = good thing.

If the table is genuinely tight then I'm pushing this.
Old 09-26-2005, 01:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
fold

[/ QUOTE ]

regardless of the table??

do you fold AJo here?

i think this is kind of borderline but AJo i almost always push, and AJs or AQo i don't even think.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think AJo is the borderline hand w/ that stack... I'd probably push AJo pretty often.
Old 09-26-2005, 01:38 AM

How much different is A10o from AJo in this spot though? If you are getting called, you are likely in bad shape either way.
Old 09-26-2005, 01:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
How much different is A10o from AJo in this spot though? If you are getting called, you are likely in bad shape either way.

[/ QUOTE ]Good post and this is really the key. Unless you put AJ in the range of hands that the 7 normal stacks call with, then ATo is no different from AJo.
Old 09-26-2005, 09:51 AM

And I do think that some of them may have it in their range, but does that make enough of a difference to change A10o to a fold while AJo is a push here? As exit said, he wouldn't hesitate pushing AJo here but A10o he has no problem folding, and I'm not sure there is enough of a difference in EV