Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-02-2004, 04:21 AM

Default Re: Laying down the nuts...?

I will assume the thread title is a joke because laying this hand down is not even remotely an option unless you can see Kc Qc in your opponent's hand. You aren't seriously giving so much as one second's consideration to folding here, right? Unless this is your last $2,000 on earth (in which case you shouldn't be playing poker with it), you cannot fold.

SpaceAce
Old 09-02-2004, 04:26 AM

I'm actually really interested in what he put you on. If he had KQc and put you on KQo, then he just made the most +EV play in the history of poker and you need to avoid sitting with him again.
Old 09-02-2004, 04:34 AM

if you even consider folding, past the 1.5 sec it takes to double check the flop for a 3 flush (and with a 2k bet, you will do a double check), then you shouldn't be playing no limit for these stakes......you have the nuts, push...excluding KQc, the very best he can do is win ~36% of the time

in fact, if i am the villain, and it takes you longer than 5 seconds to think, and then i see your cards after u call, i would be pissed that you made me sweat it out for even that long
Old 09-02-2004, 05:53 AM

Why on earth would our villain play KQ clubs that way in the first place? If he did, I would stop playing with him as he is psychic or is cheating.
Old 09-02-2004, 06:00 AM

while it's easy to shrug off what you are alluding to, I can sort of see your point......a very good player is making a ridiculous overbet on the flop and playing the hand in such a way that he knows you CAN'T make a mistake - so why would he do that?......you haven't said how well he knows your tendencies, but even he has three aces, he might know that you aren't going to call that bet without anything but KQ.......which means he wouldn't make that bet without KQ.....but then the question is, if he does have KQ:
a) does that definitely mean they're both clubs
b) does he really KNOW you also have KQ - because if he's got the nuts, wouldn't he want to try to make some money off a set/two pair/etc.?

he could certainly be weary that scare cards might come out anyway, so he wants to put the question to you now.....and there's certainly a chance he could also have KQ and you chop.......but to think that he's got exactly KcQc and consider it probable enough to lay down the nuts has got to be -EV here.......perhaps someone can do the math....
Old 09-02-2004, 06:04 AM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />
while it's easy to shrug off what you are alluding to, I can sort of see your point......a very good player is making a ridiculous overbet on the flop and playing the hand in such a way that he knows you CAN'T make a mistake - so why would he do that?......you haven't said how well he knows your tendencies, but even he has three aces, he might know that you aren't going to call that bet without anything but KQ.......which means he wouldn't make that bet without KQ.....but then the question is, if he does have KQ:
a) does that definitely mean they're both clubs
b) does he really KNOW you also have KQ - because if he's got the nuts, wouldn't he want to try to make some money off a set/two pair/etc.?

he could certainly be weary that scare cards might come out anyway, so he wants to put the question to you now.....and there's certainly a chance he could also have KQ and you chop.......but to think that he's got exactly KcQc and consider it probable enough to lay down the nuts has got to be -EV here.......perhaps someone can do the math....

[/ QUOTE ]

c) are you thinking too much?

yes.
Old 09-02-2004, 06:10 AM

you know, i somehow read your post several times and saw K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] each time. too much online poker, i guess.
Old 09-02-2004, 06:22 AM

After ten seconds of thinking I would fold to save myself from getting stabbed for slowrolling.
Old 09-02-2004, 06:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]

c) are you thinking too much?

yes.

[/ QUOTE ]

are you talking about hero or me?
Old 09-02-2004, 07:15 AM

exactly, thats why its a no brainer situation [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]