Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-08-2004, 08:00 PM

Default 2-5 NL hand

I have [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]K in CO with about $850 and make it $30 to go. Button who has me covered with about $1300 and a solid player calls. Everyone else folds.

Flop comes [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]8

Awesome flop for me. I decided to bet small and put a half sized pot bet in there, button calls. Turn comes [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]6. Somewhat of a scare card but it doesn't bother me much and I decide to check-raise. Button bets $90 and I make it $200. He thinks and decides to call.

River is [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]9. I put out a $150 bet and the button goes all in.

Thoughts?
Old 09-08-2004, 08:04 PM

Default Re: 2-5 NL hand

Ouch, he has balls. It looks like you had AA the way you played it, so if I was him I'd probably just call any bet you made. I think he has a smaller flush enough times here to call him. I figure he was thinking about what he'd do if he hit his flush when you checkraised him on the turn and decided a flush would be good and he'll play it to the felt.

Also, I'd like to get more money in on the turn, make it 250-300 straight. Also, the river value bet was too small.
Old 09-08-2004, 08:32 PM

He could be thinking that his full house is good and by just calling he is trying to show weakness. By doing this he is hoping to induce a call from you if you had TPTK or a flush.

If he had a full house do you really think he would go all in. Most players like to get as much value with a full house as possible, so a bet of bet of $300 to $400 is inline!

If he is a good player there is no way he is risking his most of his stack on a low flush, especially with the board paired like that. I would eliminate that from a range of possible hands.

This is a tought decision and I would have to have some kind of experience with this player to lay it down. Then again if my stack didnt have much significance with regards to my bankroll then I would not hesitate to call.
Old 09-08-2004, 08:33 PM

I just looked at your post again.

If he is sold he probably had 88 making a full house.
Old 09-08-2004, 09:12 PM

A full house is definitely not unlikely, I just don't think it's extremely likely. I wonder if a big bet on the river would get villain to just call, fearing a bigger boat.
Old 09-08-2004, 09:23 PM

knowing the details you gave about the villain, i would have to call here simply because its far too likely he could be bluffing here or betting a worse hand. since you checkraised the AK on the turn which is a very tricky play, i assume that your villain knows youre a tricky player. he may very well put you on a hand like AK and when the river flushes he couldnt fathom that you would checkraise a flush draw on the turn, so he would have to assume youre scared of the river.

there are times i would lay this down against certain players, but without much detail on the villain i just cant.
Old 09-08-2004, 09:37 PM

Default Results

I called mainly because I think he was playing the button to push me off my hand which he had done a few times to other people.

He turned over AA for the boat which was completely opposite from what I was reading him.
Old 09-08-2004, 09:49 PM

I wouldnt check-raise with TPTK with a flush draw against a paired board. Play hands like AKs out of position is tough. I find myself having to make big decisions with this hand.

My guess is that either he was playing a hand like 67s or had pocket eights. If he had that pocket pair you are in a world of hurt. I dont think he has snowmen in the whole by the bet on the river.

What were the results of the hand?
Old 09-09-2004, 03:41 AM

you played the whole hand like a meek and deserved to lose.
Old 09-09-2004, 04:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
you played the whole hand like a meek and deserved to lose.

[/ QUOTE ]

This post sucks and adds no value to the thread. Keep it to yourself.

Justin A