Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em

Old 12-01-2005, 06:07 PM

Default Re: I win, now what?

Hi Bobby

I liked his flop bet for the following reasons;
1) The pot is large
2)The board is ragged
3)Only 5 cards connect with the board which makes it less likely that someone made a hand.
4)Betting will not win immediately, but it will improve your winning chances in this raised pot.

IMO those reasons outweigh taking the free card on the flop.
Ice
Old 12-01-2005, 06:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Rob, Brett, Bobby,

I think you guys are right. I autobet too many flops. I am going to stop doing that.

I think that this might well be a pretty valuable realization for me. Thanks for the assistance.

-Will(y)

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is a problem of mine as well. I really need to reread these posts so I can grasp this. I think I would have bet this flop, but I can see now that I'd probably be wrong.
Old 12-01-2005, 06:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Here, you just have overcards and backdoors.

[/ QUOTE ]

On a paired board, no less.

Those two hands are completely different. I don't think we're talking a huge difference in EV here, but given how often this comes up when you start making these SC-type raises in LP and you miss a flop where your FE isn't superduper and your equity itself isn't great.

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought a 44T flop was really quite nice. Less cards connecting.

I understanding the hand values, flops and PF betting was completely different. I'm just saying I feel some of the concepts still apply.

What's an SC-Type raise?

I think you're probably right in that this is better to take the free card here, but I also don't think it's "wrong" to bet this flop. Just not as good.
Old 12-01-2005, 06:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
but I also don't think it's "wrong" to bet this flop. Just not as good.

[/ QUOTE ]

If betting makes you money, and checking makes you more money, then I consider betting wrong. Just how I like to think of poker EV questions.

I'm not feeling super dogmatic about this one, just so you know; I'm weighing my feelings but I think with one "aggressive nit" and a few other unknowns, I'm not sure what purpose a bet serves here. Against fewer or more I wouldn't mind it as much.

Rob
Old 12-01-2005, 06:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If betting makes you money, and checking makes you more money, then I consider betting wrong. Just how I like to think of poker EV questions.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah. You're right.
Old 12-02-2005, 10:21 AM

Call down.
Old 12-02-2005, 10:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry for the flooding of posts today.

villain is an aggressive nit. I've been involved in like 3 conversations over the last 24 hours on hands like this.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is CO with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB folds, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, MP1 folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (7 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero ?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you don't know what to do, what was the purpose in raising preflop? In case you catch a str8 or flush draw?
Old 12-02-2005, 10:49 AM

I agree checking the flop is better than betting. You just don't have enough juice here. Also, I didn't see it mentioned above that anybody w/a 10 or 4 has redraws should you get lucky w/your backdoor outs.

Also, I think you gotta raise the turn. You've got a lotta equity against his range, and it's a BB street. Pump him now.
Old 12-02-2005, 12:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
anybody w/a 10 or 4 has redraws should you get lucky w/your backdoor outs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oops, I meant not all your backdoor outs are clean.
Old 12-02-2005, 01:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I win, now what?

[/ QUOTE ]

play 3/6?