Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded

Old 10-08-2005, 10:15 AM

Default Never folding the BB.

I was just wondering about this, i've been experimenting lately with playing tighter than most in the BB and it's been going pretty well. So what about never folding the BB, i'm mostly curious to what kind of a winrate you can sustain?

I mainly thought of it as a weapon to annoy people, because it's fun to annoy people right? But now I want to know if you can even sustain -0.2 in the bb calling everything, that would be pretty awesome in my mind. I know it depends alot on the opponent but some standard opponent and go with it. I mean if a rock opens that hasn't opened in 5 hours then you can probably fold 43o...

I am guessing no one has a good sample size but surely someone must have some idea what you can expect? [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 10-08-2005, 10:22 AM

Default Re: Never folding the BB.

Problem with the BB is, you're out of position. You can't extract when you get a decent holding, you're going to get stomped on when you have mid pair, and its no fun to play.
Old 10-08-2005, 10:55 AM

Default Re: Never folding the BB.

Yes, I am aware of that. But if you can maintain a pretty nice winrate anyway it might be fun to play like this sometimes. Maybe i'm nuts?