Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-25-2005, 02:32 PM

Default Re: multiple forks in the road

[ QUOTE ]
Surprised you'd call every time here Barron - I think a 3 bet is usually best. There are way too many hands the BB can have that really hurt your equity by letting him crawl in. Plus, by overrepresenting your hand, you usually force the UTG player to define his hand on the flop or the turn. If he does so by raising, you can almost always lay it down safely. If he caps, you can almost always find out whether you are ahead or behind on the flop.
-James

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is key. You should be able to extract enough information about UTG's hand by over-representing yours to make play easier on subsequent streets. Furthermore, dead money from the BB never hurts [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]I mix it up by calling and 3 betting here.

Onto the hand... I dont like our flop action. I think by donking it, you often get the BB to raise any pair or draw, which will either force UTG to drop his hand or define it so you can fold on the flop. I think this is best option. Since you checked and the action went bet/call, i would c/r for value. You are ahead the VAST majority of the time here, and you want to get value out of your hand. The problem with c/c is that when an A, K, or Q come on the turn you have no idea where you are at, and you also will have trouble extracting value from naked eights.