Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-15-2005, 01:01 PM

Default Is it just me or is Paradise terrible

I'm clearing the $50 initial deposit bonus and have about 50 hands of the 500 to go. Anyways there is a 20 minute server shutdown...LOL..apparentely this is very common. Of course this happened right after I just posted my blinds. Also I find the s/ware terribly slow. Once I clear this, I won't be going back unless there is a juicy reload, but Paradise never has any reloads from what I can tell.
Old 09-15-2005, 01:10 PM

Default Re: Is it just me or is Paradise terrible

Paradise software can definitely be choppy at times. the bonus is ok and you can usually find soft games at the low limits to grind out. reloads are not that often, but generally once every 2-3 months.

I don't think Paradise is anyone's "favorite" site, but since the bonus dollars don't expire, just load up and play it when you don't have anything else going on for the month. also good when you want a change of pace like Draw Poker, Pineapple or no-ante 50c/$1 stud.
Old 09-15-2005, 01:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Paradise software can definitely be choppy at times. the bonus is ok and you can usually find soft games at the low limits to grind out. reloads are not that often, but generally once every 2-3 months.

I don't think Paradise is anyone's "favorite" site, but since the bonus dollars don't expire, just load up and play it when you don't have anything else going on for the month. also good when you want a change of pace like Draw Poker, Pineapple or no-ante 50c/$1 stud.

[/ QUOTE ]

It for sure is a fish bowl for anything below 2/4. Has Paradise ever offered monthly reloads?
Old 09-15-2005, 01:49 PM

Never offered monthly reloads.

FWIW, 2/4 is hardly a shark tank there, either.
Old 09-15-2005, 02:17 PM

In my humble opinion..... the 3-6 and 5-10 game rival party for amount of fish as well. If you can put up with the software could be very profitable. Bonuses are infrequent and wish they had rakeback, but all in all very soft games keeps me playing there with regularity
Old 09-15-2005, 03:14 PM

Software blows, support is incompetent, hand histories may or may not actually find their way to your mailbox when you request them.

But the tables are soft as a baby's bottom, probably because anyone who plays much gets tired of pulling their hair out over the other stuff. I know I've already almost reached my limit.
Old 09-15-2005, 03:28 PM

I just started playing there and I think the software looks nice, but it is definitely slow.

One thing I like, even though it is not important at all, is that the sound is in stereo. I was trying to figure out why it sounded so different, but then I realized that actions coming from the right side of the table came from my left speaker, and vice versa. Completely unimportant, but since it was different, I noticed it and think it's every so slightly cool. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 09-15-2005, 03:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In my humble opinion..... the 3-6 and 5-10 game rival party for amount of fish as well. If you can put up with the software could be very profitable. Bonuses are infrequent and wish they had rakeback, but all in all very soft games keeps me playing there with regularity

[/ QUOTE ]

I played a 5/10 limit game there the other night and you would have thought it was a play money game. People raising and re-raising every hand with crap. Many, many bad beats.
Old 09-15-2005, 03:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Software blows, support is incompetent, hand histories may or may not actually find their way to your mailbox when you request them.

But the tables are soft as a baby's bottom, probably because anyone who plays much gets tired of pulling their hair out over the other stuff. I know I've already almost reached my limit.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that Paradise's support is among the best in the business. As far as hand histories, I always get them in a timely manner.

Now I'm not saying that Paradise is my favorite site(Full Tilt is), but it's a close second.
Old 09-15-2005, 05:30 PM

It's not just you. Paradise is terrible. Slow. The software sucks, actually sometimes calls, checks, or folds for you. Slow. Tables disappear from the lobby. Slow. Support is useless. Slow. Servers go down. Slow. Hand histories sometimes take hours, sometimes never arrive. Slow. But the games are soft. I'll only go back and put up with it for a bonus.