Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-09-2005, 09:07 PM

Default Re: 5% of Black Males in America are currently in Prison

[ QUOTE ]
there is a correlation between poverty/crime poverty/uneducation, uneducation/crime...

when the gov. chooses not to improve a situation, that situation continues to manifest itself.

[/ QUOTE ]

You know the difference between correlation and causation, don't you?

I believe we had a "War on Poverty". It cost trillions of dollars. And in the end, we had the same amount of poor people. Gov't tried to fix the situation, but has clearly failed. I'd like to hear your recommendations on how to remedy this problem. It would do you well to leave the gov't out of your "solution", as they have shown they are not helping.
Old 09-09-2005, 09:10 PM

here here .... excellent excellent post
Old 09-09-2005, 09:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
the arguement that this percentage is disproportionate is empty.

[/ QUOTE ]

with all the talk of bush not caring about black people, why are blacks still improvished in this land to the point where 5% of their male population is kept behind bars like animals. doesnt seem to fair.

[/ QUOTE ]
Maybe it has something to do with this sort of behavior:
http://www.big-boys.com/articles/ptcruiser.html
http://www.big-boys.com/articles/ghettofight.html
http://www.muchosucko.com/video-pizzabeating.html
http://www.ebaumsworld.com/videos/beatasnitch.html

I haven't been able to find vids of american civilians of other races engaging in this sort of behavior. Namely, savagely beating the [censored] out of nonconfrontational people. And I've looked pretty hard.
Old 09-09-2005, 09:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
here here .... excellent excellent post

[/ QUOTE ]
Where?
Old 09-09-2005, 09:48 PM

"But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most. And that is the indifference of good men!"
~The Boondock Saints

How can anyone (especially the people in the pizza place) just stand around while someone gets pummelled?
Old 09-09-2005, 10:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I haven't been able to find vids of american civilians of other races engaging in this sort of behavior. Namely, savagely beating the [censored] out of nonconfrontational people. And I've looked pretty hard.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess those good old boys who dragged that black man to death behind their pickup didn't bother to film it. Probably spent all their money on beer and snuff, and couldn't afford a camera. Where did that happen?

Anecdotal information is meaningless. If you could not find confirmed reports of white Americans mistreating blacks, Asians, etc., you have your head where the sun don't shine. And none of it proves anything one way or the other, except that no "race" has a monopoly on idiocy.

FYI, most people with an IQ above room temperature are aware that "race" is an artificial distinction without scientific basis. All human DNA is traceable back to Africa, including that of my bog-dwelling, potato-eating, beer-swilling, pasty-faced Irish ancestors. All people on this planet belong to the human race.

"Race" is a code word for skin color, and an excuse for the ignorant to feel superior. Bigotry is a prime symptom of fear and of deep feelings of inferiority.
Old 09-09-2005, 10:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I guess those good old boys who dragged that black man to death behind their pickup didn't bother to film it. Probably spent all their money on beer and snuff, and couldn't afford a camera.

[/ QUOTE ]
You want to bring instances of homicide into the discussion? Okay. From the US Dept. of Justice website:

Truth is racism I guess.
Old 09-09-2005, 11:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
there is a correlation between poverty/crime poverty/uneducation, uneducation/crime...

when the gov. chooses not to improve a situation, that situation continues to manifest itself.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didnt pay a lot of attention in school, and am fairly stupid, I live on my own now, and cant buy everything I want. I guess I can go out and rape the bank teller, then steal everything in the vault. THANKS KANG~!
Old 09-09-2005, 11:22 PM

Default LBJ\'s War On Poverty Detroyed the American Black Family

.........the result has been MASSIVE crime by blacks.

Decriminalizing marijuana and other soft drugs would help improve the lot of American blacks (get them out of prison).
Old 09-09-2005, 11:52 PM

Default Re: LBJ\'s War On Poverty Detroyed the American Black Family

[ QUOTE ]
.........the result has been MASSIVE crime by blacks.

Decriminalizing marijuana and other soft drugs would help improve the lot of American blacks (get them out of prison).

[/ QUOTE ]

And now you are making a subtle racist arguement by implying that blacks are less able than whites to live without doing drugs. And if you try to say it's because the poorest members of society necessarily use drugs as an escape from their lot in life, then you are justifying them engaging in an activity that limits or entirely prevents them from holding a job by which they could improve their economic standing.