Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-17-2005, 02:36 PM

Default Table Talk on the bubble

What is tolerated / etiquette on the bubble. I was in a SnG and the short stack was trying to coach the person in third to raise to try to steal blind etc. I don't think the person was stoopid or needed it and I ended up finishing 2nd ( 4 straight double ups ) but how much do you all tolerate ( as if you could do anything about anyway ) Isn't a form of cheating? or just bad sportsmanship
Old 06-17-2005, 02:40 PM

Default Re: Table Talk on the bubble

[ QUOTE ]
What is tolerated / etiquette on the bubble. I was in a SnG and the short stack was trying to coach the person in third to raise to try to steal blind etc. I don't think the person was stoopid or needed it and I ended up finishing 2nd ( 4 straight double ups ) but how much do you all tolerate ( as if you could do anything about anyway ) Isn't a form of cheating? or just bad sportsmanship

[/ QUOTE ]

I was in an SNG a day or two ago, and a short stack went allin. I was chip leader and called with something like KJo, and then one of the middle stacks called as well.

He proceeded to tell me, in chat "check it down." I told him to shut up, that that was called collusion, and I'll play however the hell I want.

So, in short, I don't think it should be tolerated at all... however, it often is, and since I play at Party, and they have pretty much the worst support ever, there isn't a whole lot I can do.
Old 06-17-2005, 02:58 PM

I was in a tournament at UB last week, one of their $5 events where the top 50 people make it to the next round. When we got within a few people, the chip leader at our table made a bet, then typed in chat "don't call, I have a boat". Again, I don't think this is good form. It certainly isn't fair to the players at other tables who are hoping to survive. But what can you do, complain to support, make like a jerk. Probably nothing will come of the complaint anyway.
Old 06-17-2005, 03:00 PM

I would think that sucks.

Sarge[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Old 06-17-2005, 04:13 PM

I think the railbirds, at least at Party, are worse. They'll be there telling people to call, that the player is bluffing, that they have this hand or that hand, etc...

The worst was a couple of weeks ago in a multi table tournament, near the bubble. Someone on the rail suggested that our table simply just keep folding to the BB, to guarantee all of us making it to the money. Nice, eh? I know individuals can shut off railbird chat, but it'd be nice if Party would shut it down too, when it starts getting out of hand.