Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-21-2005, 06:44 PM

Default PLO8 200 Aces Preflop

Heres an interesting hand. The read I have on Villan1 is that he is solid. Villan2 is a maniac and could have any 4 cards. I have a 200 stack as do the others involved in the hand.

Im in middle position with A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Preflop: 2 folds, Villan1 pots it(7), fold, Hero calls, 3 folds, Villan2 raises to 20, Villan1 pots it to 70, Hero ?

Ok based on the betting I know villan1 has aces, Villan 2 could have anything.

So, Hero ?
Old 12-21-2005, 08:05 PM

Default Re: PLO8 200 Aces Preflop

Hero mucks. Hero is happy.
Old 12-21-2005, 08:22 PM

Pretty easy muck here, you have no real low potential, and only suited to the queen. I wouldn't hate mucking after the first potraise, you need to spike an Ace or flop a Broadway.
Old 12-21-2005, 11:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Pretty easy muck here

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont know about easy, I had a hard time mucking this. I thought about it for a bit and came to the conclusion that I was in pretty bad shape.

Anyway I folded.
Villan1 had A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Villan2 had 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Board was 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

They split the pot.

It was just interesting because mucking Aces preflop is unusual.

Im not even sure if folding is correct.
Old 12-22-2005, 01:29 AM

Do you want to put all your money in preflop with basically just AA and no low draw against two opponents? Probably not. AA is foldable pf, there I said it [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
Old 12-22-2005, 01:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you want to put all your money in preflop with basically just AA and no low draw against two opponents? Probably not. AA is foldable pf, there I said it [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I second this. I have learned this the hard way about 3 times now.

From now on my AA with no low draws gets mucked to a big preflop raise or reraise.