Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-20-2005, 06:32 PM

Default KK fold on river vs Amazing Racist, 5/10

I'm trying to increase my WTSD, but...

BB is 41/14/0.73. Almost always waits until turn to show strength (Aggression by street: Flop 0.22/Turn 1.86/River 1.63). On a side note, very racist; in fact, his comments were so offensive that I emailed party support and had his chat turned off during this session (yes, Party responded that quickly). So he might be a little tilty.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is MP with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, Hero raises</font>, 2 folds, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (6.40 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (4 players).
BB checks, UTG checks, Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (4.70 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, Hero bets</font>, BB raises</font>, UTG folds, Hero calls.

River: (8.70 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (3 players)</font>
BB bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 9.70 BB
Old 12-20-2005, 06:40 PM

Default Re: KK fold on river vs Amazing Racist, 5/10

if youre calling the turn raise here, you call the river bet.

unless the BB is rasing a draw on the turn here some substancial percentage of the time, nothing has changed.
Old 12-20-2005, 06:41 PM

I was a little perplexed by the turn call+river fold, but I guess it makes sense against this character, since he'd always play this way with T9/96/T6.

So, looks good -- the only reason to call the river is if you think he would semi-bluff c/r a straight draw on the turn.
Old 12-20-2005, 06:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]

unless the BB is rasing a draw on the turn here some substancial percentage of the time, nothing has changed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, a lot has changed since every possible hand that villain could have except a bluff beats me on the river.
Old 12-20-2005, 06:43 PM

the river card is "scary" but it doesn't affect his hand range enough to warrant folding given your turn call. in other words, your turn call says he can have worse than a pair of kings pretty often (because you're far from getting the odds to call for two outs). then you fold on a river card that does not change a range of hands that can include many hands worse than a pair of kings.
Old 12-20-2005, 06:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, a lot has changed since every possible hand that villain could have except a bluff beats me on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

so what you are saying is that the villain is indeed rasing his draws on the turn here a substancial percnatage of the time, at which point my proviso takes effect.

bascically, when you call that turn raise planning on folding to a river that completes the flush/gutshots, you have actually made the descision that the villain was on a draw a fairly large amount of the time. im not sure thats the case at all.
Old 12-20-2005, 06:49 PM

Either fold the turn or call the river. I know about your read but what kind of sense does it make for a player to wait until the turn to raise a draw and shut people out in a multiway pot? In addition he is pretty aggresive on the turn put 1.8 doesn't seem to be the type to raise with some newly developed gutshot. I don't think that river card changed all that much. I vote for a turn fold. It is a multiway pot. If it were HU I might call down.
Old 12-20-2005, 06:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the river card is "scary" but it doesn't affect his hand range enough to warrant folding given your turn call. in other words, your turn call says he can have worse than a pair of kings pretty often (because you're far from getting the odds to call for two outs). then you fold on a river card that does not change a range of hands that can include many hands worse than a pair of kings.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, this makes a lot of sense. I think it might be a turn fold, then.
Old 12-20-2005, 07:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

then what river cards are you calling with. His turn CR seems to be in line with your read of him raising the turn with strength. I'm folding this turn
Old 12-20-2005, 07:32 PM

Just curious, if you get your chat turned off, can you still caht and it just doesn't show up on others' screens? Or does it put in all xxxx? Or what?