Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-08-2005, 03:55 PM

Default Loose passive limper raises i got tp

Notes on villain from this sesh say:
makes loose calls, limps with crap
limped 95o to my BB, c/c flop of 9xx, c/c turn, c/c river.
loose passive, calling station.
passive, won't bet when checked to on the turn when flop gets checked hu

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls.

Flop: (5 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero . . .

Call flop and fold turn ui standard or call down hu? Anyone fold flop vs. passive?
Old 12-08-2005, 04:01 PM

Default Re: Loose passive limper raises i got tp

Those are a lot of notes saying he is passive. I need to start using notes more, but I just find this so hard to lay down. I think given he is probably a bad player, he could potentially think something like Kx is good here and be raising that. We have to pay 2.5 BB to try to win 6 BB, so we have to be good close to 50% of the time. I guess you could lay it down, but I can't help but think this is awful.

This is .5/1 though, so I guess people could go crazy more often. If I was positive my reads were good, I guess that a fold would be correct here. I just would find it so hard.
Old 12-08-2005, 04:03 PM

I think this is one of those times when a good read changes your normal line of play. Have you ever seen him raise? It sounds like you haven't. He could possibly be raising a worse K, but much more likely is that you are way behind to a better K or trip Ts. I think you can fold here if you are confident in your read. After all, isn't this what reads are for?
Old 12-08-2005, 04:04 PM

Why take such extensive notes and then ignore them? Fold.
Old 12-08-2005, 04:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Notes on villain from this sesh say:
makes loose calls, limps with crap
limped 95o to my BB, c/c flop of 9xx, c/c turn, c/c river.
loose passive, calling station.
passive, won't bet when checked to on the turn when flop gets checked hu

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls.

Flop: (5 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero . . .

Call flop and fold turn ui standard or call down hu? Anyone fold flop vs. passive?

[/ QUOTE ]

Has villain also been limping in with his quality hands? I've been coming across players who open-limp ALL THE TIME. It could be 97o or AKs...you don't know with these types of players. If villain falls into this category AND rarely shows aggression I see myself folding to his flop raise. Read must be spot on but I have no trouble releasing the hand in this spot because reads are important and they are no good if you ignore them.

Edit to say: Wow, when I opened your post there were no replies so I didn't even see fyodor's or The Kentock's responses. Sounds like we have a consensus.

Greg H.
Old 12-08-2005, 04:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why take such extensive notes and then ignore them? Fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right-o fold flop or turn ui?
Old 12-08-2005, 04:16 PM

flop, since you have less than 5 outs and you're not getting odds to draw to the outs you have.