Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Probability
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-30-2005, 11:56 AM

Default Re: Quads - Expected Abberation?

I noticed the same thing as a new account on party poker. Lots of people making quads.

In fact in the 3k hands I played, I should have got quads once at most (assuming I played every hand to the river). I in fact got quads 4 times with pocket pairs, and once when there was trips on the board. That is 5*4/3, about 6-7x the amount of quads I should get and I thought it was strange. It made me thing that there is "biased randomization" on partypoker.

I am still new though, so it could be "beginners luck".

Also, I saw something I thought was weird, my very first hand on full tilt was pocket aces. Did anyone else have that their very first hand?
Old 08-30-2005, 12:02 PM

Maybe the others are right and it's just normal and not that far out of line. I have never seen the "quads effect" on Party Poker and its skins. That's where I usually play.

But, on this *other* site, I have seen the high quads volume on the two most recent completely separate (longish) sessions.

-RMJ
Old 08-30-2005, 01:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, I saw something I thought was weird, my very first hand on full tilt was pocket aces. Did anyone else have that their very first hand?

[/ QUOTE ]
One out of every 221 people win a contest of sorts that gets them A-A on their first hand. Most sites have this contest.
Old 08-30-2005, 08:16 PM

Is this crazy quad site Paradise??

I've seen 4 or 5 quads in less than a thousand hands there clearing the latest bonus.
Old 08-30-2005, 09:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is this crazy quad site Paradise??

I've seen 4 or 5 quads in less than a thousand hands there clearing the latest bonus.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, it is. I didn't want to name the site, but yes. I played more last night... about 250 hands, and I saw 2 more quads. I am not suggesting anything about the site being rigged, but it sure seems strange. Some funky RNG issue?

-RMJ
Old 08-30-2005, 11:24 PM

I also agree the people who scream about sites being rigged are idiotic, however somehow I also knew it was paradise. I have seen more quads there in the past 600-800 hands clearing this bonus than my last 10K at Party Poker.

Just saying... I don't play on Paradise, don't plan on it, and don't feel comfortable playing on it, especially now. I'm probably just paranoid, but so be it. I have no mathematical backing, it's just my personal preference.
Old 08-31-2005, 10:42 AM

It is very funny how nervous people are to question any abberations on this forum. When anyone questions anything, they always have to qualify it by saying "I'm certainly not an idiotic conspiracy theorist" etc.. Question what ever you want. Let the nerds grab their calculators and bibles and trust in honesty of the offshore poker business community. Also, wish them luck when talking to the car salesman that wants to get them the best deal possible.